Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Wanting to Use VM and Calls still going to Gen Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorstarguy

Programmer
Feb 6, 2008
US
I got a location were the customer does not want to use Voice Mail boxes and we still have calls going into Gen Del. We do use AA with a CCR tree with park and page prompts off of it. We use a hunt group for the Operator which rings 3 different phones. No phone has forward no answer set to anything, the overflow for Operator hunt group is Que. The hunt group DN is in table 1, also in Oprator settings.How can I stop this? BCM 400 4.0

I don't know the exact location, but it's one of the hidden commands after, Ftr983, 102xxxx, I believe 4,44,5, somewhere in there. I just try one, if it's not what I want I hit * and try another you'll find it in 5 mins.

Adversity is Opportunity

Log in with F983 then it's either 6 or 86 it will say Gen Delivery (yes) just change it to NO.

To do it thru the call pilot interface, go under "configuration" then "general properties" and check off the flag for "general delivery mailbox".

you need to turn off tranfer call back also. When the ccr tree (voice mial) transfers the call and there is no answer, the call will go back to voice mail after the transfer call back timer. It will then default to the general mailbox because it doesnt know where to go.

Per Nortel engineer: Even if you turn off the General Delivery, Nortel will not gaurantee that no messages will land there.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back