Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel: Norstar system, invalid password for log 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokia7136

Vendor
Jul 2, 2003
US
Hi, I don't know what I did to our system. We use M7310 meridian phones. Every time I dial feature 983, it gives me the Log: screen.However, when I dial in our 120000 number to enter, it always tells me that it is an invalid password. It worked the first time, and I'm scared I may have changed the log number some how. Does anybody know how to reset the log number so that I can change our voice mail options once again? Need help as quick as possible. Thanks.

when you enter f 983 and it comes up w/ log, what it is asking for is your admin mailbox '12' and the password (default is '0000')maybe the password was changed. so you would have to enter (12XXXX)at the log. actually the mb pw can be from 4-8characters...so it could be (12xxxxxxxx). good luck.

do a feature 985, press 9, than dial resetsmpswd (73738767793). This will reset password.

Hi, I have the same problem as Nokia, I did as Nortellian and 9901nw advise but it still doesnot work. this is brand new. I am going to install it but I can not log in to VM. any idea. thanks

masamsi

Initialize with F903 PSWD 266344 accept codes F980-F989
then try xx0000 where xx equals DN length with 1 at the beginning and 2 at the end. eg. DN length is 4; PSWD would be 10020000. If it is already initialized then follow Nortellian's directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back