Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel IP Phone 1120e dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

os73355

Technical User
Feb 5, 2012
GB
Dear All,

anyone can advise my 30 units of completely dead suddenly and i have no idea what’s goign on, any other member having this issue? I purchase around 1000 units on aug-2008 and daily one or two phones dead and .

Nortel IP Phone 1120e dead

Regards,

sorry faulty model is 1140e.

checked with networks and didn’t find any issues internally as phones are getting faulty on all floors :(

You can see this post too about the issue (if you wanted to know more):

Use the Avaya PCN process to order the power boards or have the Avaya team come to replace them (will cost you more) - we did 150 ourselves and I have to perfom another audit as more are showing screen display issues (another Avaya PCN.

Unless you have a service contract:
It costs about $20-25/phone for Avaya to do it or about $6/phone to replace the power board yourself.

thank you Gwebstar and tman45.

so ultimately i have to bear the cost , i was thinking avaya recall this product.

Yes sir, luckily the cost is not very great, but we were also hoping for an Avaya/Nortel recall.
It is better than $100 to send a phone in for repair (to a 3rd party)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back