Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Flash 4 voicemail 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonegal

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Does anyone remember if you can modify a class of service in the Flash like you can in the call pilot?my mailboxes keep getting forwarded.thought you could do it with 983 and a 44 code but it didn't work

No sorry you cant on Mini or Flash, Startalk or early version NAMs.

What do you mean they keep getting forwarded?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Customer says carrier keeps finding their main line(pri) forwarded to a foreign country

I also remember on some versions of Nam your could modify Class of Service thru teleset programming to change options of password expiry and outbound Transfer but can't remember how...

Ok Mobile in the dark with me ol eyes didn't work well lol.

"See our FAQ's tab"

How do you know it's forwarded?

Line Redirection?
Reception set Call Forwarded?

Usually its neither but rather the mailbox that has external forward but you say its a Flashtalk which would be impossible, you sure it's not Callpilot because you did say 3.1 which there is no such thing on Flashtalk.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks for the FAQ redirect....I thought the same as you except when i looked at the flash programming on setting up the mailbox it had a setting for outdial setting for a line or pool and the older versions of Flash did not have that.Sort of leads me to believe it also allows for outbound transfer.

The only thing the flash can do is message notification, that's why it has outdial, it does not support outbound transfer.

Thanks Phoneguy,I found that out when i went back this morning and tried program outbound transfer and it went back to main heading.

Unless you need an outdial situation with your mailboxes, restrict the voicemail ports
from any outbound dialing.

Light Travels Faster Than Sound, Which Is Why Some People Appear Bright Until You Hear Them Speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back