Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Extranet Access Client 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have Nortel Extranet Access Client (v03_70.18) installed on a Windows 98 machine. At home, I have DSL connected to a Linksys router with my home machine (Win XP Home Edition).

When I connect my laptop (win98) to the router and log in with the Nortel Client, I get logged on fine and can access all my Corporate resources. After about 5 minutes, I get an error stating "The Routing Table cannot be changed. Connection terminated.". I then have to restart my computer to connect again (and still only for 5 minutes).

I loaded a Nortel client on my home PC and was able to connect without any problem. The connection did not terminate after 5 minutes.

To test my work machine (laptop), I dialed into my ISP and then logged in with the Nortel client. Again, the routing table changed after 5 minutes and my connection was terminated so I know it's not the Linksys router.

The helpdesk at work is stumped. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I attempted to run Nortel Extranet 03_70.30 on a Win2000 laptop to access my client's network remotely. My company also uses SecuRemote as our internal VPN. Our machines are configured to load SecuRemote automatically at boot. When attempting to use the Notel Extranet, I peformed a kill on the SecuRemote. This solved my "Cannot create socket with 10048" error.

However, I then began getting the "Checking for Bannertext from...." error. On a whim, I used the old windows NT msconfig utility to prevent the SecuRemote from autmatically loading at startup. Once I rebooted, I no longer got the bannertext error.

Just to make sure that I could still use SecuRemote -- I disabled the Nortel app, and started the SecuRemote -- everything worked fine. I then killed SecuRemote and started Nortel -- got the same "Checking for bannertext .." error.

Lesson learned for me was that Nortel would only work if the other VPN was never initiated. The machine has to be rebooted in order to switch from SecuRemote to Nortel.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi all, I'm new here so hello. I been having problems using extranet access client and focalpoint. anyways I recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro and downloaded Extranet Access Client 4.6.5 or whatever is the latest version and also got the latest Focalpoint version. Anyways I just need help with my Extranet.

Well I got EAC installed, which i suppose is now called Contivity VPN Client (or something like that *I'm not on the computer at the moment*) . I got all my information in correctly and when I try to connect, it says something like:

Login Failed. Please resort to switch log for details.

Why is it doing this. I really need this program to work ASAP! Thanks! :)

IonZephyr

No, I said the password is expried (i.e. the time limit on the password is expired).

Your password is probably correct, but it needs to be reset by a switch admin.

Cheers!

What does it mean when it says:

Login Failue due to: Authentication Failed

I'm trying to connect to FPNET.GALILEO.COM

Do any of you people that have alot of experience with this program have AOL Instant messenger, MSN Messenger, or Yahoo Messenger???

also sorry for double/triple [postin, i been waitin for a response. anyways whod I call to see about figuring out if they changed the pass or not??? Extranet?? My company???

I also tried using the Windows xp vpn connection, and its givin me an "invalid id/pass" error.

When logged into a remote server via Timbuktu (Remote Access Client), as soon as I connect to the remote LAN via the Nortel Extranet Client I lose all connectivity via Timbuktu.

I 'think' that connecting via the VPN connection causes all routes bar the ones to the remote LAN to be dropped, but that's just an educated guess.

I have heard however that an asterix (*) placed somewhere in the initial Extranet login page alleviates this problem. Can anyone confirm this????

Mucho Grassy-Ass,
Azzir

ah, i cant get contivity to work. event hough i enter the correct info i get the login failed error.

I can connect using windows xp vpn conmnection so I'll use that.

Hello all,

No lan access for Cisco:
Use two lan cards.
route all date via the LOCAL lan.
route add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 GATEWAY.
then add all routes to the VPN gateway and servers
via the second nic.

Go into the LOCAL lan's properties and UNCHECK the
Determisc thing it has.
run routes and all good.

THis does not work on 98 yes 2000 and XP.

Now for my issue: Anyone know of a low cost router that will
allow more than one IPSec tunnel? I am using linksys and
it only supports one tunnel. Once I try to connect with
another system it cuts me off. Looking at several but unsure
on which one really works like i want.

I am trying to download an eac465d.exe file onto my home computer from my companies website so I can set up Nortel Contivity VPN and access my company's network. When I try to install this file I get an error msg that says "Installation Of The Contivity VPN Client Driver Failed". I spoke with my company's network admin he told me this was probably because I had recently upgraded my OS from XP Home to XP Professional. He stated I needed to reformat my hard drive and do a clean install of XP Pro. I did this and I am still getting the same error msg. However, it is now followed by an additional error msg that states "The Instruction At "0x772200e4" Referenced Memory At "0x00163568". The Memory Could Not Be "Read". Click OK To Terminate The Program." Anyone have any advice about how to remedy this?

Just wanted to shared my experience with "Routing table can not be altered" error that many people had reported.

My machine's configuratin:

Cable model: Linksys
Router: D-Link (The problem is the same with or without the router)
Problem: About 10 seconds after VPN connection is establised, the following message pops and connection is lost. "Routing table can not be altered once connection is established".
Fix: I used the exact suggestion Ninj posted earlier in this thread:

By default Win2k has the dynamic dns update option enabled.
Try disabling that and see if the problem clears up...
The option can be found under your Local Area Connection Properties->Internet Protocol Properties->Advanced->DNS->Register this connection's address in DNS. Make sure it's not checked.

Hope this is helpful to other people that encounter(ed) this problem.

Has anyone received error:
Application popup: spoolsv.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x75191ec4" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

The spooler service is then stopped.

The problem only occurs after I make VPN connection using Extranet Contivity VPN CLient V04_15.14.

I am running Win2k. Remote Connection is DSL with Linksys Router.

The remote client configuration does not seem to matter since a coworker is also receiving the same error connecting with Cable and Netgear router.

Thanks in advance...I have learned a great deal by reading this thread.
Paula

PaulaLDA

I would recommend getting Nortel Contivity Client V04_65.14 at a minimum for use on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

I have found that using anything less causes a LOT of problems. (I support Contivity Client and a Contivity Switch all day for a living).

Good luck!

I need to maintain a local subnet while connecting to a remote system with Notel Extranet VPN Client.
Normally this stops any other local machine connecting to the machine running the VPN client. The goal is to run tomcat on the VPN client machine, have it be visible to a local machine (via a hub) and also have the VPN client machine be able to access a server behind a remote firewall
using the VPN capabilities.
Any positive ideas, or strong assurance that it is impossible would be greatly appreciated?

Hello,
I've encountered the same issue that ROGERMELLIE posted April 25 2003.

I have Nortel Extranet Connectivity Client v 4.65_18.

I use cable modem access.

All was working well until 2 weeks ago, and even if I use restore to a date prior to that, I still get the following:

1) I am unable to send emails over 100k.
2) I cannot place any files over 100k onto our shared network drive at work via VPN from my home.

Has anyone a solution or probable cause for such things?

Thank you!

This post is for all users of the relatively new Linksys RV082 dual WAN router. If your Nortel connection drops after about 5 minutes here's the solution. Go into the router control and go to the Firewall section. Then go to the Access Rules Subsection. Add a rule for IPSEC port 500. The source interface should be "Any". Source IP should be "Any". Destination IP should be the IP of your VPN connection. Save it and no more dropped connections!!

kboling,

You might check the MTU size on your PC, router, and modem. If you're using ADSL, the max. MTU size should be 1460 and for most others 1492 (1500 "should" work, but that depends on the version of code on the Contivity switch). There may also be some configuration settings on the switch that could be changed to help you. BTW, v.4.85_120 of the Contivity code has a problem with MTU size and handling larger packets.

From what I have seen of this problem, anything that you download to your PC works OK, but it's just the uploads that have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back