Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Extranet Access Client 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have Nortel Extranet Access Client (v03_70.18) installed on a Windows 98 machine. At home, I have DSL connected to a Linksys router with my home machine (Win XP Home Edition).

When I connect my laptop (win98) to the router and log in with the Nortel Client, I get logged on fine and can access all my Corporate resources. After about 5 minutes, I get an error stating "The Routing Table cannot be changed. Connection terminated.". I then have to restart my computer to connect again (and still only for 5 minutes).

I loaded a Nortel client on my home PC and was able to connect without any problem. The connection did not terminate after 5 minutes.

To test my work machine (laptop), I dialed into my ISP and then logged in with the Nortel client. Again, the routing table changed after 5 minutes and my connection was terminated so I know it's not the Linksys router.

The helpdesk at work is stumped. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Why should I use EAC ??
Can't I use the VPN client included i Win XP (or other OS)?

Jcmercure,

Have you updated your Linksys router? They make frequent updates to the VPN support for that model. It's pretty straightforward, check out their web site.

Hi,

I've seen a new version of eac available at (4.60 AFAIR).
Anyone got that already ? I can't install eac415 (tried three different ones 415d, 415i and some other, and all during install on XP Pro fail during driver installation, saying first the driver was installed succesfully than that installation failed). It will take some time before I will get this software official way thru supplier :( and I need my VPN ASAP. Anyone can send/allow download of this new drivers ? (if so pls post here or write to yogger at go2.pl)
TIA.

Here's how I solved my Nortel VPN client problem where it kept telling me that I must reboot after installing the client. I would reboot and then I would get the same message that there was an error and I mus reinstall the software. After several frustrating days, I finally figured out the issue (no thanks to Nortel's web site that is for sure). Right click on the Contivity VPN Client Properites go to the Compatibility Tab and uncheck the Run in compatibility mode. For some reason, that was checked after I installed the new version of the software. It should run fine after that.

I have no trouble connecting to my corporate network from my home with VPN Client 4.15 on Windows 95, cable modem (ATT Broadband), no router, DHCP. But when I try to connect with the same setup on my Windows 2000 Server machine, the connection drops after about 5-7 seconds with the message: "The routing table cannot be altered after the Contivity VPN Connection has been established. The Contivity VPN connection has been closed." This is causing a lot of grief. Is there a workaround, or do I need to get a router?

Thanks,
Bob O.

The "Checking for banner text from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" disconnect is a serious problem for our company. Running Win2K and the Nortel EAC 4.15d we have no problems - it only occurs with Win XP Pro.

Please, I have seen many post regarding this issue but no solutions. If anyone has a solution or comes up with one POST IT ASAP.

Thanks

I am in need to connect a group of people from a datacenter to a client´s private network, thru Internet. I want to use Nortel´s Extranet Access Client to reduce costs (the licence to use VPN on the datacenter´s firewall is pretty expensive). My question is:

Does the Nortel EAC need a Nortel VPN switch on the client´s network side? Or any firewall/router will do?. Is there a list of compatible devices with Nortel´s EAC?

Thanks !

I am in need to connect a group of people from a datacenter to a client´s private network, thru Internet. I want to use Nortel´s Extranet Access Client to reduce costs (the licence to use VPN on the datacenter´s firewall is pretty expensive). My question is:

Does the Nortel EAC need a Nortel VPN switch on the client´s network side? Or any firewall/router will do?. Is there a list of compatible devices with Nortel´s EAC?

Thanks !

Hi guys,
Got another set of case here. I'm troubleshooting a VP's notebook and there seems to be some problems.

Im usin Sprint Dialer v2.2 and eac262i(VPN Client).

Initially, I will be able to connect usin Sprint faultlessly, but when I tried connecting to Nortel Network using VPN Client, it wont allow me get connected to the network. The error msg is "Login Failure due to: Remote host not responding."

Be reminded that the settings are correct and has been thoroughly recheck.

When I close the VPN Client, I will see another error msg(hiding behind the VPN Client window) which states "Error 11001 occured in downloading package PhoneIndex.txt"

My guess would be that theres something not right abt the Sprint dialer itself. Tried reinstalling these apps, but the errors persist.

Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped.

Ariffy,

The Sprint Dialer was built by E-solutions for Employees to dial into the Sprint Network. Contact someone in the Eras department or the Internal Sprint help desk. also there might be some documentation out in Widsom.

Hallo, another different problem with Nortel Ex client. This shows both with older versions (2.6.x) and a 4.60 I just tried.

By INSTALLATION on a Win2K pro/Spack2 laptop, the setup program aborts saying that the 'driver installation failed'. On older 2.x versions it was even more interesting: before the failure message I got a message box entitled 'GetLastError' and text 'Overlapped I/O in progress'. To me as an ex-NT programmer, this looks like a background file i/o was timed out and killed by the set up program.

I am supposed to receive support through my company's IT people but they don't have a clue.

Any hints?

Thanks to all - Andy (andy.zanna@tiscalinet.de)

There are several posts in this thread I can answer. Can I ask those who haven't received a response to a question in this thread to start a new thread? I get confused really easily %-)

I have the same problem as descibred by the two people above. I use Nortel COntivity 4.10d and I get the "checking for banner text from: ..." error. Last week I was able to connect from my apartment in USA to my office. However, currently I am in Europe, and I cannot connect. Can changing continents have something to do with connections? Any sugestions?
Thank you,

Danja

Hello,

For some of you have the problem when logon VPN and receive the error : &quot;Checking for banner text from: <my companies ip address>&quot; followed in about 15 seconds by &quot;The secure Contivity VPN connection has been lost&quot;. Click Connect to re-establish connection.&quot; Here is one of the quick fix solution ( for windows 2000 Pro only ):

Right click on My Network Places on desktop, Property, select on each and every of CONNECTION, one by one ; right click, property,sharing : MAKE SURE NONE
OF THE CONNECTION IS SHARING (uncheck). With Windows 98 , It is
working fine but not with Windows 2000 Pro because of sharing. Any tip for windows 2000 PRO with sharing and can be login to VPN without error, please posted. Thanks.

Hello! Does anyone know what the difference is between the V4.15 and the V4.60 client is? The Nortel web site shows both still available for download. They refer to the V4.15 as &quot;VPN Client Sustaining&quot;, and the V4.60 as simply &quot;VPN Client&quot;. Also the date on the V4.15 is newer than the V4.60. It almost looks like they are different products...

Thanks!

Crazy question... Anyone know of a Unix/Linux client for Nortel Extranet Switches. My searches have produced no results...

Thanks.

Crazy question... Anyone know of a Unix/Linux client for Nortel Extranet Switches. My searches have produced no results...

Thanks.

Ok, I had EAC 2.something or another working fine on my W2k Server machine. Unfortunately i tried to upgrade to the VPN 4.15. The software looks like it is going to load but spits out an error at the end

&quot;Failed to get registry key value for NT_IPSECSHM:&quot;
&quot;System\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\ROOT\NT_IPSECSHM\0000\Driver&quot;

This it just says operation fail software did not load.

I think alot of you have seen something familiar in the past but i cant find a fix. The registry value they refer to does not even exist. Should I had it in, How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back