Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel DTI/PRI Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLucas

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2014
US
This pertains to my other thread in reference to incoming calls not coming thru.

For weeks now I have to keep enabling and disabling the dch and loop to get the system up and running for incoming and outgoing service. We noticed that the CC light does not illuminate anymore on the card it is blank? Will this cause the DCH and PRI loop to lose connection? If not what makes that happen?

We are ordering a new replacement card do you think this will help?

If not does anyone know where in the New York City Area that we could find a consultant to help us determine if the system needs to be replaced altogether or if all we need is and upgrade? The system is more than 10 years old.

I shouldn't have to keep enabling and disabling the pri and tie line every single day and sometimes twice a day. Please Advise!

Thanks In advance!

What type of card is it? TMDI or Dual Port or what? The CC LED being out is not a good thing. It means the CC is not active or tracking. Without clocking the PRI will take errors and eventually go down. This is a daughter board on the TMDI card. If you do an SSCK 0 in LD 60 what does it say? Can you also print your DDB in LD 73 and post it?

Thanks KCFLHRC I will print out that information for you. Unfortunately I cannot remote to the site at this time I am working on that as well. We used to have a modem connected and then we would dial in.

That doesn't work anymore. It is the NTRB21AB card.

The NTRB21 is a TMDI card that requires an on board NTAK20 clock controller. The clock controller LED should be green when tracking correctly.

Ok we had a spare card in slot 2 and swapped it. I see the extra board on the swapped card. does that come off? and can be added to the card that is in slot 1.

Yes, you have to have a clock controller.

I'am ordering 2 clock controllers for the cards hopefully they will be here soon after the cards arrive. I'm praying this works.

If your clock controller is not working, the system can not sync with the far end. That will result severe Slips and Loss of Framing errors. After those errors build up, the loop will drop. Sometimes it will come back, sometimes it will not and simply lock up on you. That is when you have to use manual intervention and reset the loop.

Use:
EN CC <Clock controller> to enable the clock controller.
SSCK to check the status of the clock Controller.
TRCK PCK to track on the Primary clocking source.

Knowledge: Your number one stupidity condom...

there definitely is no cc card on the card in slot 1 slot 2 has a cc card but I know that one may be faulty.

ld 60 SSCK prints out the following:
IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CABINET CLK SRC:CC

LD 73 DDB Prints out the following:

CC0 1
PREF CC0 FREE RUN
TRSH 00
RALM 3
BIPC 3
LFAC 2
BIPV 3 2
SRTK 5 30
SRNT 15 3
LFAL 17 511
SRIM 1
SRMM 2
ICS

I hope this helps.

Thanks Again!

Your clock controller isn't even configured in ld 73.

Actually it's configured but not configured properly. You need to put a 1 at PREF CC0

When you get the 2 CC cards don't put both in the system. Put a CC card on which every span you are going to use as Primary and just keep the other card as a spare.

Thanks hawks and KCFLHRC. Does the cc card just snap onto the motherboard?

Yep, just plugs into the connector and has little plastic stand off doo dads

Great I'm going to defiantly replace both those cards as soon as they come in. Sounds like replacing the cards will hopefully solve my issues. Again the circuit and loop keeps going down. I enabled it at 9:00 this morning and it is still up. I know it will drop eventually before the day is over.

Greetings:

The system was down sometime overnight I had to come in early to bring it back up. I did do an RCNT to hopefully by some time today.

When the cards arrive do I have to shut down the system in order to insert it, or do I disable the loop then replace the card What is the best practice?

Does the card have to be configured or it just a simple swap in and out?

Thanks In Advance

What card are you replacing? I'm not sure you have a card problem but the lack of a clock controller card and the associated programming is missing.

I was replacing the PRI card and the CC controller that is associated with it. Once the clock controller card arrives what programming is needed. Setting freerun to 1?

To replace the CC card do you have to shut down the entire system power it off or do you just disable the card then replace it?

Your PREF CC0 needs to be set to 1 and yes you can just disable the TMDI card and replace it without powering down.

Thanks KCFLHRC. I will set the PREF CC0 to 1 once i recieve the replacement cards. I just went to the switch and did a LCNT the slip was up to 755 so I did RCNT again to clear them hopefully it stays up until 5:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back