Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CS 1000 6.0 upgrading firmware on 3900 series phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCHTAOS

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2010
US
Hung processes

During a firmware update to a 3904 phone the process failed and hung on the switch. I now can not get a terminal started to determine the state of the TN/Phone. The phone was unpluged and now has a x symbol on it.

error: ovlo429: overlay memory space in use
is there a way to find and kill the processes outside of a vitural trminal. Been over 40 minutes. Can not access the terminal to do anyting.

Will this help?

M3903 Taurus set stuck in a firmware download state and unable to access any overlays on the call server

Details:
Unable to access any overlays on call server, OVL306 given on TTY. This was the result of a failed FDLU to an M3903 telset in my case, I suspect pertinent to all M3900 range of phones however.
After accessing load 32 by using the suspension command and an FWVU is run against the affected TN you get 'PSDL IS NOT IDLE' message
Fix:
Use the suspend command to access ld 32, use fdlc to cancel the suspended command, disable & enable the affected card and re-commence a subseqent FDLU.
This time, in my case, the download was successful.

This particular set in question was served of a Remote Gateway 9150 and it is possible that the set did not respond quick enough to the request for download in the first instance which caused the download to fail on first attempt.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

use fdlc to cancel the suspended command,

This may work if I could get a terminal started. When trying to execute a vitual terminal I get the error.

ovlo429: overlay memory space in use

I can not get a terminal up to issue the comands?

I've found this as well for MPLR16304 on Release 25.40 all switches and CSE 1.10

FW DOWNLOAD TO M3900 SETS HALT WITHOUT ERROR CODE

Problem:

Firmware download to 3904 sets halt with no error code given and produced
bug4042 errors.

THESE SETS STARTED A DOWNLOAD

% SDL001 STARTING DNLG 164 0 8 0
%
% SDL001 STARTING DNLG 172 0 12 0
%
% SDL001 STARTING DNLG 180 0 10 11
BUG CODES OUTPUT

% BUG4042
% BUG4042 + 00612322 00C5EA1A 00C567FD 00C566FA 00C52EDD
% BUG4042 + 00C5537D 00C53135 0057FEB7 0057FB12 0057F96F
% BUG4042 + 0050BC9C

THE ABOVE SETS NEVER FINISHED, STARED DOWNLOADING MORE SETS. THE THREE SETS
WERE FOUND OUT OF SERVICE AND COULD NOT BE RECOVERED.

ACTIONS TAKEN TO TRY TO RECOVER SETS:

1. FDLF L S C U
2. UP PLUGING THE SET, RE PLUGING THE SET, THE FDLF L S C U
3. DISU L S C U, ENLU L S C U THEN FDLF L S C U

ANY OF THE ABOVE EXAMPLES, THE SYSTEM OUTPUT " UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF A DOWNLOAD."

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

you need to find a serial connection (modem or TTY)

Early on in 6.0 I had problems upgrading firmware on 3905 phones that hung the session. Ended up INI the switch to resolve. After it happened again during the next attempt to upgrade 3905 phones, I was able to use FDLF.

No problems with other 3900 sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back