Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Conference Phone on a BCM450

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldestgeek

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
I had an older Nortel conf phone on a BCM400 rls 3.6 that shows up in programming as a M7100. It still works on the new 450 but I'm unable to use the feature key. If I hit just the feature key and a code, nothing happens. If I go off hook and hit the feature key I get a uh-oh tone from the phone on some codes and some just allow me to keep inputting digits but don't actually do anything. I specifically want to use F0 but can't get it to work. Think I'll have to replace it with a newer model? I never tried to use any features on the 400 so I don't know if it worked or not.

The feature key is a flash key, you have to combine flash and star key followed by the feature code.

I'll give that a try, but why would a digital phone need to flash? A M7100 set, which this is identified as in set programming, doesn't use the feature key as a flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back