Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BST Doorphone on IP office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattm

Programmer
May 17, 2012
US
Quick question that I'm trying to check on. I've call my support folks at our distributor and couldn't get an answer.

We have a Nortel CICS customer that wants to go to an IP Office. So it would be an IP500 V2 Chassis with Essential VM. They have , on the Nortel , 4 BST doorphones (Nortel digital doorphone). NO locks being controlled. They literally use it as a way to talk to who is at the door then they go answer it. My question is , can I reuse the old Nortel doorphones on the IPO with the Nortel digital station module? I see what the module supports on the docs however the Nortel PBX actually displayed that the doorphones where "M" series phones if I remember correctly.

I know I can use a Viking doorphone unit with analog station ports on the IPO but I'm not trying to make the cost higher by replacing phones I could maybe reuse. I can't test in house because I dont have a Nortel "module" for one of my test IP Offices.

Thanks

Were you able to make this work with IPO? I am currently installing a 500V2 with Nortel station modules and am trying to get this door phone to work.

Thanks

Nope. They are just not supported at all on the IPO. We are installing the Avaya LUADS - Universal Analog Doorphone Speaker

They are rebranded for Avaya. They use an analog station port. Good replacement for the Nortel units.

The Nortel doorphone unit is not supported. The Nortel works as a digital set and gives a softkey to open the door. While the doorphone emulates a supported Nortel set, IP Office cannot open the door.

You will need to install a relay to open the door. You can relay via IP Office with a button or via the doorphone by dialing an 8 or something similar.

Hmm. I was told by Avaya tech support that the Nortel Doorphones will not even WORK with the IPO. Let alone opening the door. I thought their statement was odd since I know in Nortel programming the doorphones came up in status as an M7310 phone. but then again so did the T7406 sets on older MICS and CICS software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back