Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 5520 ---> 802.1Q don´t work with siemens phones!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisCamara

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2008
PT
Hi all,
I have been to test switch 5520 referring to the norm 802.1q. I have port 5 with 2 vlans. Vlan of data is vlan 3 and vlan of voice is vlan 22. It put vlan 3 as default and I introduced untaggPVIDonly. It happens that when I bind the computer to the telephone, the computer does not recognize the lan. Only function the telephone. I do not know what one is to happen. I put the configuration of switch with autopvid. Somebody can help me!

Best Regards for all.

Luis Câmara
Portugal

Hi Luis,

It sounds to me like you have the ERS 5520 properly configured. Why don't you suspect the Siemens phone? I'm assuming you configured the Siemens phone to use 802.1q? You instructed it to use VLAN 22 for voice telephony? Is the Siemens phone grabbing an IP address in VLAN 22 or VLAN 3?

This is the correct configuration of an ERS 5520 when used with Nortel Internet phones with voice VLAN support enabled. I would suspect the Siemens phone.

Cheers!

Hi!
Thank you very much for its reply. In the telephone of siemens vlan is configured with ID = 0. It happens that when I modify for ID = 22, the telephone already does not detect lan, nor the phone central office (Hipath 4000)! It is very strange.

With vlan ID = 0 --> The Phone work well
With vlan ID = 22 --> The phone dont work (Gateway not found)

try disabling auto-pvid and manually setting the port pvid to 3 data vlan id.

Thank you very much! It works.

Regards
Luís Câmara

Yes, Disabling the Auto PVID is recommended for 802.1q ports. The AutoPVID function is for basic edge ports, I.e. Servers, workstations...ect. With Autopvid enabled, it will take the last vlan id assigned to that port as the PVID vlan. Which maybe why you had some issues... Otherwise, if you were to have all ports enabled with autopvid, then you would not have to jump to each port to add the Vlanid's... you just just use the Vlan menu, and be done.

Just an FYI, glad to hear you are working now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back