Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Voice Mail Manager software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heminez

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
Does anyone know where I can buy, steal, beg, borrow, download, or in some other way get a copy of NVM Manager software. I know it's on the CD but I do not have the CD. Our vendor took everything with him 5 years ago and I can't can't get it from him. (Don't know why... He's just a jerk)I have tried every instruction in this forum but can't get into the NAM 4.0. (I don't have anything older than an XP machine and apparently there are some unresolved differences.) The only thing left to try is the network port with NVM Manager. Any help will greatly be appreciated. No, really... it will be GREATLY appreciated! I have a bunch of idiots who CAN'T follow the simple instructions to change their password. It is an administrative NIGHTMARE. I must get the COS changed.
Thanks
James

you can buy the NRU tools (it used to be avbl for free, now only to partners) - it is part of the NRU
it shd be about 400/500$

if you already paid for it, its urs - you can pull up the vendor

the NVM came on the NAM CD. I always left the CD with the NAM since it contains all of the documentation on the system as well as client software that was part of the NAM ie the NVM Manager and the mail manager. Far as I know that disk is part of your purchase and not his. might want to ask a legal type about it.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I agree jerryreeve, Unfortunantly I wasn't here when the system was purchased and installed. I came shortly after and immediately started looking for the documentation on the phone system. I asked the vendor about it and for about two years he kept saying "I'll get that to ya" but he never did. Then he just stopped returning calls all together. I have thought about legal action but being a church and a christian school the administration is reluctant to engage in anything like that. I have managed to find electronic copies of all the manuals but as for the utilities...no luck. I don't see why Nortel doesn't have them available for download. As you said...It came with the NAM, so why is it so difficult to find.
Thanks

Norstar is letting us non ESD people download NRU 10 for free but not v11. It should have what you need. Go to nortel.com->techsupport by product and navigate to norstar then remote utils and software donwload. See if you can get it. You may have to register on the site.

Thanks ymeg123, your a life saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back