Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Voice Mail CCR return to operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLHOFFMAN

MIS
Apr 14, 2008
US
I have a Norstar-PLUS Modular ICS with Norstar Voice Mail 3.0 (I know, old system) and I need to setup the CCR to play an information message ("sorry all operators busy") then ring back to the operator. We answer all calls and only unanswered on ring 6 goes to CCR. How do I get the CCR to go back to the operator without the caller doing anything?

You can't use the CCR you have to do something to get it to work. Try the AA with the greeting of being busy then after your greeting a caned greeting will say one moment please and transfer to the attendent extention programed in the greeting table.

the downside of using the AA to answer and play an announcemant is that when the AA answers it changes a couple of the timings within the system
1. when the call is returned to the operator for answer the call is placed as a new call to the operator and it looses any precidence that it might have had as to which call in order it is. by this I mean that if line 1 is in use by the operator on a call. line 2 has been ringing for 40 seconds, line 3 ringing for 30 seconds and line 4 ringing for 20 seconds. if the call on line 2 is diverted to the AA for an announcement and then returned to the queue for answer it now starts its timer over and line 3 is the next call to be answered.
2. when the call is returned to the operator for answer the transfer callback timer starts and the call is sent back to the Voicemail after X rings and I think the General delivery takes the call.

there might be some other considerations but those are the ones that come to mind.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I have to use the CCR to allow options which route calls to external phone numbers. I need one path to return to the operator, then if no answer go back thru the tree. I don't want the press 0 to send the caller to the general delivery box during business hours. But need it to go the delivery box after hours.

I know I can add a path on the CCR to direct them to the general delivery box, but how do I get the no answer on the operator extension to return to the CCR?

You can try using the voicemail DN as your Attn: under Feature 982

It sounds like you really need ACD for this to do exactly what you want. Like Jerry said, AA will route the call to the attendant the first time around, but there is no inherent que in the NAM. You'd be better off going with a Minuet ACD.

with a vm 3.0 you might have the minuet disks already on site. check in your disk/documentation drawer for the minuet ACD paperwork and package. this is probably your only real solution. alternativly contact CINTEC and see if you can get a Minuet for Norstar Voicemail 3.0.

'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If you call Cintec, be prepared to get your credit card out.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back