Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Voice Mail 4.0 System Manager Password Loosing Password 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBS416

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
US
On Norstar Voice Mail v4.0 FEATURE 983 keeps loosing the default password "1020000" from the system and I have to keep using FEATURE 985 -9 then: 73738767793 to Reset it back to "1020000" I read somewhere if a user did Feature 981, then 1020000 it would reset it. But everyone that would use it, and there are only 3 people including myself, says they use F-983 first. Also, I had one new employee that keeps telling me that his extension (VM) is also loosing his password. I finally have decided to delete his mailbox and start over, but now the system won't let me delete ext. 102. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Norstar VM 4.0 on MICS 7.0 system. Thanks

who installed that?
You cant use mailbox 102 for a user- that is why you are having these problems… let alone the compatibility between the 2 systems.

I suggest you get a qualified vendor out there to explain all this to you.

Mike, thanks for the POST. The previous person who was setting up voice mails did this. Makes complete sense after you mentioned it. I knew she had given someone ext. 101 too and I knew that was reserved too. For some reason the ext 102 was a mental block, Thank you for pointing that out. So, you don't know of anyway to delete it since FEAT 983 is not allowing it? Thanks again.

if a set has been assigned mailbox 102 everytime you reset the sys password mail box 102 gets reset becaause that is the sys mailbox accessed by F983. Never use 102 as a personal mailbox. problem solved.

Marv

Marv,

Yes, that does solve the password resetting. I have one more question if I could, the lady who assigned these voicemails to those extensions is no longer hear, so that won't happen anymore. I know she has assigned 101,102,103,104.... as voice mails. I know for sure I need to get rid of 101 & 102 and give those users new extensions higher up in the system. What is first set of extensions clear for use?

Also, is there anyway I can delete 102 know from the system? It simply refuses the command everytime I try from F983

Thanks,

Barron

you can't delete MB 100 or 102. you can only change or remove an ext associated with it. If you have an ext 100 or 102 you're SOL in the regard of having MB and DN match for that user. If you insist on using 100 range for DNs check out this faq799-4937

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back