Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar unable to enter password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsantos

Technical User
Feb 4, 2004
CA
Good Day to all,

We need to change a DN on a phone, but after I enter FEATURE * * 2 6 6 3 4 4
the system shows PASSWORD: but im unable to enter anything.

Nothing appends I tried to dial any password but nothing shows or changes on the display.

Any idea??

Thanks

You did not specify which KSU you have, but generally when you get the Password: prompt, you will not see any characters displayed as you type the password. If you enter the correct password, the display will change to a programming prompt.

It may be that you do not have the correct password. Entering the wrong password does not lead to an error display, your login session just times out.

Thanks for the quick help

Will the following process:

Press Feature 985
Press the 9 Key
Enter RESETSMPSWD (73738767793) using the dialpad

work to reset the password? Or it will create undesirable issues?

Thanks

I'm asking that because the receptionist just did a reset using FEAT 985
and now her phone is always trying to Calling an internal extension that doesnt exist.

And now she doesnt know what to do... and the normal tech is out on vacation.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

1. The F985 method above is to reset the voice mail admin password for F983
2. If her phone keeps calling somebody then one of her buttons is sticky and is probably programmed to call that non existing DN, wiggle it free.
3. If you need to reset the phone system password (config) then see our FAQ's section, button is at the top. If that does not work call in a tech that knows how.

But like missed said try entering the password even though you dont see them on the display.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back