Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar NAM 4.1 or Flash 2.0 Information Mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffdaddy

Technical User
Mar 30, 2012
US
Had a cust. call about an information mailbox on how to change the greeting to play the alternate greeting instead of the primary. Well never addressed that question before. Setup an Info box 500 in the lab Int. and tested, well the info box has no Admin option when accessing via F981. You can change and record the primary and alternate greetings but you do not have the option to choose which one to play as the main greeting. Am I missing something? Thanks

Someday's your the bug and someday's your the windshield!

Thanks for the response: But when you log into the Info MB you have no option 8. That is the problem, it tells you invalid option.

You can change and record the primary and alternate greetings

If you have no admin option. how did you record the greeting?

Greeting record is Admin (8) > Greet (2)

Marv ccna

I agree when your in a subscriber mailbox but this is an Information Mailbox. When you log in your Information Mailbox your Option is Primary Greeting - Rec Play Next
press Next for the Alternate Greeting Options - Rec Play Quit or press * to go back to Primary and # for Alernate greeting. This is how you record the greetings. No options for Admin. 8 this is an invalid entry.

You can play / listen to the greeting no problem, it's what I asked in the first post - You can change and record the primary and alternate greetings but you do not have the option to choose which one to play as the main greeting. This would be the greeting you hear when you transfer to the mailbox. (It always plays the primary greeting - no options to assign the alternate within the mailbox. I have a CallPilot 100 in my lab it has the same options in information box as the Nam and the Flash. Im not sure you can assign the alternate recording.

When you get a chance, try an older application and you will see what I'm looking at.
At this point I'm not getting what I'm looking for, but thanks all for the responses.

I've found an evasive statement in the Reference Guides:

Flash Reference Guide said:
If you are using a Flash system with bilingual capability, the Information Mailbox Greeting must be recorded in both languages.
Norstar Voice Mail Reference Guide said:
If you are using a Norstar Voice Mail system with bilingual capability, the Information mailbox greeting must be recorded in both languages.

I've found a more detailed statement in the Setup and Operation Guide:

CallPilot Manager Set Up and Operation Guide said:
If CallPilot is configured as bilingual, the Information mailbox has greetings in primary and alternate languages. The rules for bilingual prompting determine which one of these caller hear. Callers press a dialpad button, depending on which country they are in, to switch to the other greeting.

My understanding is that an information mailbox will have a primary greeting and an alternate greeting if the voice mail system is bilingual. Otherwise, it will have only a primary greeting. This would explain why exsmogger doesn't have to option to record an alternate greeting, but Huffdaddy has.

My understanding is also that the alternate greeting will play when the caller is directed to the information mailbox through the automated attendant and that the caller has requested to hear the prompts from the automated attendant in the alternate language.

My understanding is also that, while the primary greeting of the information mailbox plays, the caller can press 9 to hear the alternate greeting.

So, I don't think you can choose whether the primary or alternate greeting will play, but the caller can.

Unfortunately, I don't have a voice mail on which I can test all of the above.

Any volunteers to give it a try?

Awesome find Multimedium, this has explained my issue with info box. Your time was appreciated. Thanks

Awesome find Multimedium, this has explained my issue with info box. Your time was appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back