Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OXendine

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
US
I have a situation with a Norstar MICS RLS is unknown but I could find it out pretty quick. The switch is running with a PRI. About 20 phones answer the same DID # with a appearance of 8 on each phone. Sometimes when a person answers the phone & transfers the call to another extension the LED on the party transfering the call stays lit as if it were never released. The party recieves the call but the LED does not go out until the person who took the transfer releases the call. I have tried to check the channels on the PRI to see if it is 1 channel creating the problem. I did re create the trouble on 1 channel and de provisioned it. The trouble still seemed to happen.

I could be guessing wrong, but since you have the DID "appear&ring" on the phones, the "diamond" won't go away until the calls is finished.

are u sure she/he isnt conferencing the call/and if you are on 4.0 with a PRI you r in trouble...many nasty issues...post release...you wouldnt ask a windows/linux question without it please dont do it here

It is not 4.0 software, the release is in the 6 or 7 range. The LED should dissapear when a call is transfered and it usualy does, In this case, it never goes away and ties the phones up until the call is complete,

It is not 4.0 software, the release is in the 6 or 7 range. The LED should dissapear when a call is transfered and it usualy does, In this case, it never goes away and ties the phones up until the call is complete.

The software is a 6.1, I appreciate any input.

As long as the line APPEARS on a phone and is in USE it will remain lit on ALL phones its appearing on until the call is ended.

This only pertains to an analog environment, Not a T1-PRI. The Circuit should pass and drop off of the phone as it does but not every time.

are you sure the transfering party is not joining the call instead of transfering try doing a f7o rather than using the soft keys

Only transfering off of the soft keys. I also have the customer press join or release and we get the same result. I thought about a software upgrade to a 7.0.

With a standard T-1 you can have traditional line indicators but that's not the case with PRI. Only the called parties' DID line indicator (or intercom key) should remain lit after it's transferred.

Was this system recently upgraded?

What release is your NVRAM pack?

Phonehed in Dallas

Not sure about how to check the NVRAM Pack.

I am upgrading to a 7.0 in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back