Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS 4.1 Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

leardininwc

Vendor
Apr 2, 2004
US
Hello everyone,

main office is in LA and we have a sales person in Houston and another in Chicago. How can we have them on the same phone system in LA? The system is a Norstar MICS 4.1 / NAM 4.1 VM.
I used MCK units in the past, I don't have them anymore.

Thanks for your help.

we need a little more info here to help you better like do all your sites have Norstars if so what are the software versions etc.

MCK - if you want them to have M or T Series phones at the remote location.

If you've used them, you're familiar with the setup.

I have found them refurbished in the past year.

If you want to connect them via an analog port, check out the Multitech FXS / FXO VOIP Gateway - about $250 ~ $300 each end.

Requires Internet connection.

Look at the mvp-130

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

the mck-4000 matched with a mck pbxgateway at the system end works ok.

I have also used the MCK-1000 setups for analog media to remote a M or T series phone.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

norstarboy125 - there is no switch at the remote site, for a 1-person office we are trying to avoid having a switch at each remote office.

DoctorDialtone - we want T phones

jerry - we have two MCK Gateways 6000, will they work with 4000 on the remote side?

Thanks for your help

Depends on your redundancy factor. Traders want an MCK with IP backup. I prefer IP, it works if data works. I hated explaining why data worked and Telephony didn't. MCK's are touchy. MCKs/easy and IP/hard.

leardininwc, Yes I have one setup where they have a 6000 gateway unit at the main office with 8 DN ports into it. then at their first remote office they have the 6000 remote with 7 stations assigned to it, and at the other they have a 4000 with one station assigned to port 08 on the 6000 gatewaypbx unit.

make sure that you have the norstar gateway pbx unit at the pbx side not the remote unit.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back