Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedbdodd

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
I need to have a deskset ring along with the CAP whenever an external call comes in. How do I program that?

Not sure what you mean. The deskset is programmed with the lines you want to ring. What do you need teh CAPS to do??

I apologize for my lack of clarity. Incoming lines only ring at the Reception desk. I want one of the other desksets in the office to ring as well and to be able to pick up the line when the receptionist is away from her desk. How do I do that?

go into programming
find the extension you want to ring under terminals and sets.
go to T&S/ line access
If the lines already appear at said phone, change them from appear only, to appear and ring.

If you cannot get it to work how you want from my above description, I would recommend that you call a vendor. Please be advised that changing ringing lines can also effect how your voice mail works (if you have any,) which would be one more reason to call your vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back