Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS 1.1 flexible ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

maycomm

Technical User
Feb 28, 2012
US
I have a Norstar MICS 1.1 system that the customer wants to redirect the ringing to 6 different station phones if attendant is unavailable. Right now I've got it call forwarded on attendant phone to ring another phone if attendant is unavailable after 2 rings. and have setup another phone as prime and to answer after 4 rings. but this is still not what she wants. what she really wants is some kind of call coverage to reach 6 different people in different buildings. I told her about taas which would ring on ext ringer or buzzer and i could program a button so anyone could press and answer the inc call but she;s not liking the extra ringing in these other area's. Does someone know of a way I could provide this type of ringing coverage. by the way they all have voicemail that answers after 4 rings and when busy except for the 2 that I'm using for cf and ring to prime they are set at 6. They don't want auto attendant except after hours. they would be willing to upgrade software to get this but don't know if even 7.1 will do me any good for this want. thanks in advance for any help and if I can't do this for her I guess I can make buzzers real soft for taas.

I've thought about an upgrade to 7.1 but i have a NAM 2.0 and it's not compatible with the upgrade. If i upgrade to 4.1 hunt groups are available but I'm not sure if the NAM 2.0 is compatible with 4.1 does someone know? If i had hunt groups I could assign all these 6 stations to the the huntgroup and then call forward calls to this huntgroup dn. Is this correct?

If you upgrade to R4.1 the NAM needs to be at R4.0 or higher, so you might as well upgrade them to R7.1. Refurbished R4.1 NAMs are still available at low cost. If your customer doesn't have more than 48 mailboxes you could replace the NAM with a Flash 4 V1.9 or higher. The Flash 4 has 180 minutes of storage time. If that's not enough storage time then you'll need to get them a CallPilot 100 or 150.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

2 choices

Answer DN

Find on used port on system and tag Do Not Use/ Answer DN

Example
Unused port is X299
Give it a set name of BACKUP
Assign Answer DN key of X299 to all 6 sets.

When reception needs simply forward to X299 via F4

Or

Service Modes

Add 6 exts as members to a ring group
Assign Ring group to Night.
Make Night Manual
Make Control set receptions DN

When need use F871 and select Night.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.