Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Manager Software for Windows XP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundermissile

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
I have several Norstar Modular ICS 0X32 key sets running Release 1 T1 software. I have been using Norstar Manager for Windows release 3.1 to manage these systems but I have been unable to make the manager software work on today's new operating systems. (Windows 98, 2000, & XP) I read in another post that Norstar Manager 3.7 will work with Windows XP, but will the newer version work with my older key sets and RADs? These key sets and RADs date back to 1996. Will I have to upgrade the key set firmware and go to the Fast RAD to get the newer version to work? Where can I obtain the new version of Norstar Manager?

The newest version would not allow you to use the browser- only the remote set tool would be enabled for R1T1.

My .02Cents I'm told the 3.7 was for "newer software i.e. Win 2K or later, I've also used 3.5 On a system with windows 98, without problems

I must be way behind. I wasn't aware that Norstar had a browser feature. I am only wanting to access locally through the serial port on a RAD with a laptop running Windows XP. Will the remote set tool get me in locally for programming and backups? Is Norstar Manager 3.7 sold individually or is it only sold as part of the NRU-10 software package?

Free to download off of Nortels Website if your not a vendor? I'd like to have the link to that download luv2ski, where can one find it?

Thanks for all of the help. I was able to load v3.5 and make it work. I don't have a contract so I didn't have access to 3.7 but 3.5 works fine. Thanks again to all.

Just to clarify information I made on other posts. I have what was called Norstar Manager 3.7 but when it loads it still says 3.5. I don't know if it different from 3.5 and Nortel got lazy, as I suspect this will be the last SW revision for Norstar Manager. I have it working fine on a W2K and XP machine.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back