Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Manager Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statictek

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
CA
I have a Norstar 8x24 that I'm replacing with a Mics 7.0. I am trying to pull out the programming from the 8x24 using Norstar Manager 3.7 but I can't seem to remember how to do this. It's been long time. Can anybody help me out?

You have to set up the MICS from scratch, there is no way I have heard of to migrate the 8x24 programming. Norstar manager doesn't work with MICS and remote utilities doesn't work with 8x24.

Phoneguy427 is absolutely correct.

I'd suggest getting your hands on the MICS 7.0 programming record then manually going through the current programming on the 8x24 and filling in the record.

You could also input the 8x24 programming info into the OLP.
Could make your life a bit easier if you're familiar with using the OLP.

Good Luck!

SD

Thanks for the reply guys. I think you misunderstood my situation though. I wanted to simply generate reports of the system programming through norstar manager so I could use the info to program my MICS from scratch. I know this can be done as I have done it before but I can't seem to remember. It is similar to the OLP procedure with the MICS. Also it is possible to migrate 8x24 programming to the MICS but it involves several steps within the upgrade procedure. I would rather program the MICS from scratch. I just don't feel like spending so much time pulling out the programming manually from the 8x24, when I know there is an easier alternative.

If you can get your hands on the old Norstar Manager 2.0, it has excellent report capabilities. With it, you can even do the reports from the file you get when you do a backup. From 2.1 forward, that great capability was removed for some stupid reason. With it, you can get a system audit of every device down to every single button on every set, a complete printout of system speed dials, as well as all personal speed dial numbers programmed.
I was heartbroken when the (new and improved) NM and NRU came out.

MarvO said it

When I printed reports from the Mangler, I found it printed a lot of pages of blank information to cover all the fields that MIGHT have been used. TO do the back up in N* Mangler, log into your system, then select Run/Submit (resistance is futile) drop down box will give you a Backup choice. Choose back up and go home for the night. It seems to take a long time.

Cheers
PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back