Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Manager and NRU Compatabilities 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd5087

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
Sorry for asking some basic questions here but Norstar is fairly new to me. We recently assumed responsibilty for several Norstar systems at remote locations. We don't currently have any management type software to support these. We have a mix of MICS-DR5, MICS2.0, MICS3.0, MICS4.0 & MICS4.1. My major goal here is to back up the existing software. Here are my questions

1) It appears that I need Norstar Manager for the DR5 units. What version will provide me with backup capabilities and can I do this remotely via FastRad?

2) It appears the remaining units can be administered with NRU. What version of NRU do I need which will provide me with back up capabilities and can I do this remotely via FastRad?

3) In both cases above, my PCs are all W2K. Will I need to obtain something older to run these programs?

Thanks

Nortel abandoned Norstar Manager in it's 10.0 NRU release.
What you probably want is a copy of NRU 9.1
For the DR5 software to be accessed using the RAD the minimum SP version is 30MUJ20 and DR5.1 is recommended.
You will need a FastRAD for newer software versions on MICS?CICS I cannot remember if the FastRAD is compatible with DR5 software.

Checked my records fastRAD is compatible with DR5
Backups are possible on DR5 using Norstar Manager.
Backups on MICS/CICS are done using the BRU utility included in NRU

Aragon - I take it that Norstar Manager is a part of NRU 9.1. It's not another application. So if I purchase NRU 9.1, I should be capable of administering all of the Norstars I have?

10.0 is the current version and is required for 6.1 software backups however Norstar Manager was stripped out of the package.
9.1 includes Norstar Manager

Also in my humble opinion 10.0 SUCKS
10 digit system ID's are no longer supported etc...

You could download 10.0 for free if you check out some of the other threads but you would still need to track down a copy of Norstar Manager 3.5 for your older systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back