Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar M7310 Line 1 Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenH

MIS
Sep 11, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a Norstar M7310 Phone that has a Blank Button where Line 1 should be. To get an outside Line the user has to hit Intercom 9. All other buttons have features programmed to them already, but the Line 1 button does not work. The documentation I have says the Line Buttons can't be programmed. Does anyone know of a way to reset this button? I only want to change the one phone that is having the problem.

Thanks,

Lauren

It is possible that you have a bad phone set. Have you tried taking another M7310 ans putting it there? If you do, does the line 1 button work? If you take this phone and put it in a location with line 1 set up to appear, can you press the button and access line 1?
I suspect the phone.

I tried another M7310 that has a working Line 1 Button, in place of the broken one, and the Line Button on the new phone did not work. I took the phone from the extension where Line 1 was not working and put it at another extension and Line 1 worked fine. It seems to be directly related to the Extension, not the actual phone.

To add a phone line to a station, you need to go into config and then Termianls and Sets. From there you will need to go into line access then line assignment. Enter the line number and have it appear or appear and ring on the phone.

If the line 1 key is already programmed to the set in line access\line assignment programming then remove the appearance and press release.
Log back into the system and in line access\line assignment programming re-assign.
Press Release.
Sometime the registry gets corrupted this normally happens when you apply a programming to a set this is off hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back