Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Delayed Ring Transfer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISgirl

MIS
May 7, 2002
US
Hi, all! :)

I have searched high and low for instructions on how to make one of my selected lines ring back to prime. I have done it for four other lines a little bit ago, but I can't remember how to do it for the life of me.

I have a selected line that I want to ring to AA (an info mbox I've set up). In order for it to work (I hope), I have to assign the line to ring back to prime using the DRT.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thx.[yinyang]

the DRT is set onoff in system programming feature settings with DRT to prime y/n and drt delay right after it. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

ty jerryreeves, but can you tell me how to get to the DRT/Prime setting? I have been through config, admin, aa, sets, and lines without success.

under DRT to prime you have 4 settings that may effect you there are 2 under lines
Lines->line/trunk data->if busy [to prime/busy tone]
Lines->line/trunk data->prime set [extension number of prime set]
there are 2 entries under system programming
System Programing->Feature settings->DRT to prime [Y/N]
System Programing->Feature settings->DRT delay [1,2,3,4,6,10]
the items under system programming are global so be careful you don't have something else dependent on the timer.
NOTE: this will not get you into the auto attendent, it will just cause the phone to ring, you will have to forward the phone to VM also. forwarding to VM will get you into the mailbox but not AA. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back