Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar and Avaya connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieged

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I am new tech and I am having some issues learning the ropes with an Avaya and Norstar configuration. Our main office is setup with an Avaya Definity switch. Our remote offices are setup with Norstar MICS. The MICS are connected via T1s to our main office. However, we have one remote site that when we try to dial the internal 4 digit extension we get a fast busy tone.

Any ideas and am I explaining this clearly enough?

Thanks.

Unfortunately there are no RADs setup at any of the remote locations. It would definitely make life easier as oppose to driving the 15 miles to work at the remote location.

However, I was reading about the Received length. I believe that length is set to 4, which I am assuming should cover the internal 4 digit extension or does that just apply to DIDs coming from the telco?

Yes, the T1 is working between the two locations. We recently tested the connection with another CSU/DSU and had the same result.

I should also add that the remote location does receive outside phone calls with no issue. They are also able to dial internal extensions locally (i.e. 230,231,232). When the remote location calls back to our main office, they can use the intercom button, dial 9 and the 4 digit extension and connect to that user.

Not sure if that helps or just adds more confusion to the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back