Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar ACD ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeel

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
Hello all,
Here's what I want to accomplish:

Call comes in, caller ID detects call is from area code 123 or phone number 123-456-7890, and system refers to a database and routes the call to Joe at ext. 111 who is the rep for area code 123. This bypasses the receptionist and any CCR trees in VM.

Does Norstar or an aftermarket product make software or a device that integrates with the Norstar that can do this?

Thanks,
John

There are two products that I have heard of that do what I think your talking about:

CALL Link or VCM

Check them out or reply and I will contact you if I find any more pdf's on their products.

Thanks,

Dave

This function is supported on the Norstar Applications Module (NAM) Voice Mail.

Log on (F983)

Press 11

Follow the prompts

Calls can be routed to a Greeting Table, mailbox, extension or a CCR tree.

It can be programmed for an area code, specific TNs or anything in between.

Hope this helps,
Rob

John,
Norstar does this with the NAM and Call Pilot 100/150. It is dependant on AA/CCR answering to initiate the routing. I have not set this feature up as it is usually more efficient to use DIDs as call blocking is all too common.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back