Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 8-24 modular UK version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy16

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
GB
I have a 8-24 modular system that keeps losing it's programming when a power cut occurs. I would suggest that the onboard battery has failed as the system is 10 yrs old.
Would I need to know is what voltage is the battery and I take that it would probly a nicad type. If it is something unusual where could I aquire one from? Any help would be appeciated.

Regards
Del

Dellboy16 I think you will find your system uses a super capacitor to maintain memory. Don't know the value or where you would get one. A U.P.S. might be an easier solution.

There are three batteries in the KSU.......Two in the cartridge that holds the software and one on the backplain of the KSU......

If your Software cartridge comes apart in two sections you will see the batteries in the NT5B49FA section of the cartridge.....That is really the only piece you will need to replace. Unless of course you are good with a soldiering iron and can get the correct batteries to go in the unit......

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Thanks luv2ski I could do with know ing what the battery voltage is, do you know? Are they rechargeable type ( NICAD) etc. As this unit is still working I dont want to have to shut it down and try and find the battery type as the my customer is some distance from me.

Thanks Del

I have a similar problem, also in the UK (must be the wheather!) I wonder if Delboy was able to fix the problem - would be very interested in more info

Rgds

Dave

Hi Daveuk we are not alone then. I have not yet gone to the customer to accertain what s/w level has been fitted. Once I have checked this out I will post the results.

Rgds

Del

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back