Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 6x16 DR5 - V-9924B Ringer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydiey

Technical User
Dec 8, 2011
US
I just added a new line to the system.. We do not want it to ring on the speaker.. How is the V-9924B Ringer configured??

Are there settings on the phone system to shut off the speaker ring for line 4 ??

make sure AUX Ring for that line in the configuration is set to NO

That is where I'm confused .. all lines are set to "N" on Aux Ringer...

and in night service if they are using f87 or f871 etc.

if you have phone setsprogramed for AUX in CAPABil and that line rings on that set then it will ring

all phones set abilities - aux ringer are set to "N"

what does night service do? and could a setting be off on that to make line 4 ring on the speaker?

You can set either lines or sets to trigger the relay which gives a momentary closure to the unit itself.

Both lines and set abilities -- Aux Ringer = "N"..
and the speaker will ring for all 4 lines???

is that line only jumpered from telco block to the co side of the system? if it is then the only other place is in night service.and tah is if for sure you have looked at all stations in setabil.

Follow the speaker wire, sometimes they will use a phone with an amplifier for the ring over the speaker. They use the headset port.

you can have line xxx set to N for aux in line config
but night service lines are set to yes for AUX by default

The changed the Day, Night, and lunch settings to Aux = "N" -- they did default at "y" .. .but the speaker still goes off??? We have a V-9924B Ringing Unit connected to a V-9941A Talkback Control.. with 2 speaker... All 4 Lines make the speakers Ring.. I want just Line 4 Not to ring.. only on the Phones that I set up.. Can anyone help?

The answer is in one of the options above good luck

I agree.

Probably a DN of of set that's not even plugged in is the culprit.

You could try to make Line 4 private to reception, this will erase line 4 from ALL sets, then put it back to public and re-program as need to what ever sets need line 4.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I looked up the connections to the ringer it can receive a dry contact from the phone system or a ringing voltage from the line itself look at the contact and see how it is wired.

On the V-9941A -1,2 Ring & Tip wires connect to LINE 6 on KSU
8,9 Music - connects to 1,2 Zone 1 OUT on V-9942B

On V9942B - UNA Closure 7,22 connect to Aux Ringer 49,24 on Dist Block

Do you think it's wired correctly?

I made line 4 private.. and that fixed the issue!! Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back