Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 2 Way DID on 6.1 MICS not routing to Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChuckles

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2004
US
I am at my wits end with this problem. Installed a 0X32 with 1 module. slot 1 has services card, slot 3 has LS card and slot 4 has DTI dard. Carrier providing 12-2 way DID trunks on span. System is setup to receive 4 digits and carrier is supposedly sending. no matter what I do I can not get the assigned DID numbers to route to the proper DN. I have assigned the 12 trunks 001-012 as E&M Public lines, and have assigned the Target line 157 to receive digits 4970 and set the prime to be DN2221. Target 158 - 4971 - DN2222. as long as I do not set DNIS to Y on trunks 1-12 I can receive calls, but they only ring in to the Prime set for that trunk. When I turn on the DNIS it just gets a fast busy.
Carrier has verified with a T-BIRD that they are sending out the correct 4 digits, but it just wont work.

Help???? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You need to turn AUTO ANSWER to ON for the E&M trunks.

That will do it.

Do I need to say yes to the DNIS on each trunk when I do that?

Thanks, It worked great.

I will post an update later when I finish this thing.

I too have a similar scenario but it differs in that I have a newly added line to a CICS system {(the flash card has "A073751* NA-CICS-DR 2.0 4X8 IRAD REL:01 S/W VER 10.7 )? I am curious if the system is considered a CICS 10.0 then??} and the line (line 4) works perfect but only on the M7310 that I used to program. The other extensions I have do not ring the fourth line. What would be the easiest procedure to remedy my situation without spending too much time in a busy office space. The first time took a while because I had to punch down the physical circuit (thus justifyable time) and self teach myself to program this nortar (monstar) all by my lonesome with the help of all you great gurus out here of course. Secondly is there a pinout for interfacing the system with a laptop (software-freeware hopefully)since all I see port-wise is an RJ-45.

Digit611, your CICS is 2.0, but version 10.7 of 2.0 if that makes sense. It has the IRAD pre-enabled, and unless you have changed it, the IRAD password is default of the system ID number. The RJ-45 type jack on the front is not for use right now.
With the IRAD, you could program the system using NRU, Norstar Remote Utilities. The software is not freeware, however, Nortel seems to be giving it away for free at the present time. Do a keyword search for NRU 10.0 on this forum and you should find the source for it.
If you have not programmed the 4th line to ring on any set yet, it is probably getting in via PRIME. It would be best to know a bit more about how you want to use the 4th line, before outlining the steps to add it. Since you have an IRAD, one of us could help remotely if needed.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back