Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NON PRI, Need to install T1 with 2 way DID trunks form Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

peck4

Vendor
Jul 20, 2007
US
Converting an old Nortel MICS to a new Avaya IP Office, customer has an old T1 with 24 channels of E&M Trunks for 2 way DID.

T1 is greened up and I can make outbound calls but can’t receive incoming, calling party hears silence, no ringing and times out to fast busy.

Current setting for channels,
Direction-Bothway,
Bearer-Any,
Type-E&M Swithed 56K,
Incoming Trunk-Automatic,
Outgoing Trunk-Winkstart

Provider is sending 4 Digits and I have programmed an Incoming Call Route with a destination to extension 221, Extension 221 can make outgoing calls.

Thank You for you help

Make a monitor trace of the incoming call.
If nothing shows up then it is not the IPO.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'm Testing tonight at 6PM, will System Status also work or is Monitor a better option

Monitor is a better option in this case but you can run both at the same time.

BAZINGA!

you might need to change your inbound type to wink as well.

curious as to why you didn't convert them to PRI at the same time you upgraded them? Then they could have gotten the caller ID features.

I thought it was a PRI, I did most of the programming offsite, so days before the cut I figured it out, I thought it would be OK because I have cutover 100 Nortel MICS with older T1’s, can’t get the Avaya to work for incoming call.

So did you make traces?

BAZINGA!

I too have done lots of Nortel T-1 and PRI's. So trust me when I say I have never seen anything easier to configure than IP Office when it comes to PRI. If the inbound isn't work then the settings are wrong. Have you verified you are getting the right digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back