Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non DID no. to dial out

Status
Not open for further replies.

james343

Technical User
Jun 26, 2007
HK
Can someone please help if this set up is possible, the senario is that I have nearly exhausted all of my DID nos and would like to configure the PBX to convert a non DID phone ext. to make an external call. The DN block provided by the local PSTN are from 10xx to 19xx. I would like to configure a phone with an extension outside the DN block to make an outgoing call (for example is Ext 2001). I have an r2mf trunks which prevents a non DID no to dial out. The system is CS 1k, rls.5.0. option 81c. Thanks in advance.

Although I am not familiar with your situation or this trunk arrangement, you could allow users to share a single DID DN configured as MCR. This way the PSTN sees a DID originating the call while up to 30+ users can be originating separate calls from the DN

Long term, I would just have the PSTN change the restriction

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

You may can create a CLID entry that has your main number on it and then insert that CLID number on each non-DID and see if the call goes out.Sort of tricking the carrier of what digits are being sent.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

ghtrout - I only have M3901 and M3902 digital phonesets and I have to assign individual extension to users. I could not use the MCR since I can only assign it to key 0.

spunkysus - How can I configure that setup, can you help me?

I don't have access to a Nortel Switch right now,however I will try by memory.

LD:21
REQ:pRT
Type:CLID
CUST:0

once it prints on your screen,see what the last entry is then go to

LD:15
REQ:CHG
TYPE:NET
CUST:0
Enter until you see CLID and type yes
Then you will see an ENTRY(Put the next number after what you saw in LD 21)

HNTN:(MAIN AREA CODE XXX
HLCL:(MAIN Number XXX-XXXX
ENTER out until you see entry saved

THen Go to LD 20
and do a change on the non -did extension

LD:20
REQ:CHG
TYPE:26XX
ECHG:YES
TN:XX-XX-xX
ITEM: KEY 0 SCR XXXX (NEW CLID ENTRY FROM LD 15)
KEY 1 SCR XXXX (D)
ENTER out all the way

Thanks

You can set up any number on any phone (provided it does not conflict with anything, ACOD's, access codes etc) it does not have to be a DID #, and if your TGAR and NCOS is set up the same as the other working numbers it should work for making outbound calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back