Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-Delivery Messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudusa

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
I'm getting non-delivery for e-mails being sent out of outlook 2000 which are configured with an external POP/SMTP server in their properties. Mailboxes are stored on an Exchange 5.5 server. The server is used to store mail and do collaborative work but does not have IMS (SMPT).

Clients are able to receive e-mails but unable to send. They get: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 5/16/2003 3:22 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'user@test.com' on 5/16/2003 3:22 PM
No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.

On the client side i'm seeing:

win98/ME: After exiting outlook following non-delivery receipt you get an error: MAPISP32.exe caused an invalid page fault in module rtfhtml.dll

Windows 2000: After exiting outlook following non-delivery receipt you get an error MAPISP32.EXE. The instruction at "....." referenced memory @ "...". The memory could not be read.

Have tried KB 318658 and KB 813741 with no luck. Problem must be central as it's all outlook clients that cannot send. Could be:

E-mail provider (says nothing going on there)
Firewall blocking (nothing has changed i'm not seeing anything specific logged)
Exchange server (only stores the mailboxes with mail and not used as SMTP or POP/IMAP server)

Please advice or point in right direction.

Switchoff,

You can find the directions by running POPCon, clicking "Configure selected server" and then pressing Help.

Can you be more specific re: what is timing out? POPCon downloads mail from your ISP's POP3 server and then transfers it to Exchange via the Exchnage Internet Mail Connector. If you have not installed the IMC, it may be timing out on trying to send the mail over to Exchange.

It was my own damn fault, after a good nights sleep i can in and found the problem right off the bat. i neglected to allow 25 and 110 through my packet filter...aarrrgghhh.....good ahead, kick me

lets add one more with the same problem do do do do

i keep getting the following message whenever i send an
internet email

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
recipients.

Subject: hjjkhjk
Sent: 7/1/2003 13:44

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'XXXXXX@leftblank.com' on 7/1/2003 13:44
No transport provider was available for
delivery to this recipient.

this message comes back from System Administrator with an
attachment within 1 second of hitting the send/receive

i checked with my isp and they are not having any problems
on their end.
i also created another profile and did not include
exchange server and outgoing mail worked fine.
but when i added exchange server it stopped send out going
mail with that same message.

also when i start my exchange server it would take a
little while for all the services to start for exchange
serve (if i looked in services the would say starting an
then start )now they start immediately

please help i got alot or doctors needing to send out
emails

thanks in advance

rich

rich211

I recommend that you read the postings above. Many of us have provided workarounds, for example:

- Use Outlook Express
- Upgrade to Outlook XP

Good luck rich211.

hi all, here might be a interesting twist worth considering, it has worked in my setting (which is almost the same with most of the posts above) just recently.

What I did was to update the office 2000 to the latest service package, sp3, and the problem is fixed. I have tried this on all the machines that have this problem and all of them worked.

here is the link for the office sp3, you may have to install sp1a first if you have not updated before, but there is instruction and link in the sp3 page on how to do that.

It is kind of silly for microsoft to say they does not support this kind of setting, which I believe is very common, especially among educational instituion settings. Hope they can provide a permanent fix to the mapi problem.

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back