Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No voice communication between cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

scs5000

Vendor
May 4, 2008
Hi, it is CS1000E rls 5 with 3 cabinets. I have configured this system, All MGC are showing correct loop configuration and all VGW channels/DSP ports are showing registered, patches are also updated. It s a analog/digital Mix extension PBX with no IP extension configure. Within cabinet all ext are working fine but when a call is made from one cabinet to other then the other ext does ring but after receiving call there is no voice , i mean both user cant hear each other.
Any advice in this.
Regards.

Have you checked and verified the fiber connections?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Question. Silly one. If this is a pure TDM system, why has it been speced with MGC and I assume CPPM. Rls 5 works perfectly well on SSC for a TDM switch.

That out of the way. Do you have a spare MC32 card you can use. Set it up in one of the cabs. Disable the DSPs on the MGC, and give it a go. Had one where the DSPs on the MGC were playing up.

Default gateway? if this is incorrect there is no return path for the voice + check that the route in ld117 has been enabled.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

looks like DSP resource issue but in theory you dont need DSP resource as it is pure TDM phone,DSP role is to convert IP packets to TDM.

Is it a CS1000E cabinet type or chassis?

Hello everyone,

Could someone tell me the difference between a 1000M,1000E and the 1000S, I have a good idea, but looking for a clearer definition. Thanks in advance.

xtract

With the config that scs500 has given the gateways talk via IP, thefore you will need the DSP resources in one form or another.

1. DSP recources are not added correctly( no VGW channels or incorrect TLAN IP)

2. MGC subnet mask IP is incorrect on one or more of your loops.

I believe you need at least 1 IP set ISM in the system in order for the DSPs to register correctly.

In a Media Gateway Based CS1000e, all intercabinet communication is IP, so each Media gateway needs to have local DSP resources. If the DSPs are not registered and acquired, you will not be able to talk between cabinets.

Hi all, I have 20 IP users already but no IP extension configured yet. Default gateway is configured(dummy, i mean there is no physical gateway in our LAN so i used a dummy IP for gateway). DO i need DSP in each MGC for pure TDM ,i mean DLC and 500 ext phones??
As far as the question asked why i didnt used only SSC with rls 5 and the answer is that we are planning to use 20 IP users.
Regards

You may need to disable the Virtual Trunk Network Health monitor because the system cannot ping your dummy gateway.

Edit your node in Element Manager and under LAN configuraion, disable the Virtual Trunk Network Health Monitor. It is on by default.

DSP's are needed in each MGC for inter-gateway calls ( one cabinet to the other ) TDM or IP. Can you post up the TLAN and ELAN info ?

Here is the info

ELAN=10.10.10.x/255.255.255.0
CLAN=10.10.9.x/255.255.255.0

Gateway=10.10.9.1

I doubled check the IP info today and they seems to be OK.Any more advice.
Regards

Have you gone through the node configuration, and MG configuration in element manager?

From re-reading the thread, it sounds like signaling is working fine, and only the speech path is missing. This points squarely at the DSPs.

Have you traced a call in LD 80 to see what the results are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back