Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No TDM over SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnjwinters

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
I have a CS1000M M/G running 5.0 we are installing a new CS1000E with SIP trunking. IP to IP and IP to TDM work fine but no TDM to TDM over the SIP. You can dial the phone on the far end but not speach path & no lighting of the Message Waiting.

I currently have a site with the same issue, the DSP's are fine and if the far end calls the TDM device via SIP there is talk path. I have also found that intermittently if you wait a few seconds on the TDM set you do get talk path.

My vendor found a class of service issue on the SIP trunk. It was set to secure, they changed that and its working now. Still a few issues but moving forward.

You may check TDM>IP DSP channel avaliable or not?

tnjwinters
Did they change to MSNV in the CLS?

I had a problem very similar to this a while back, and worked with ETAS for 2 days. The solution was to change the SIP transport protocol from TCP to UDP.

The one way speech was being caused by TCP packet fragmentation of the SIP call setup messages. Changing the transport protocol to UDP in Element Manager, and in the NRS cleared it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back