Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No ring heard while calling speedcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha611v

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2012
US
Hi we have a 3300 cx that is running 4.0 sp1. I have setup a speedcall to ring this users cell when you call the DID. When I dial it from the outside it does not go through unless I set the "Overrides toll control" setting to Yes. If not, I get a phone company intercept message.

sounds like you have a restriction set at the trunk level. Check your COR on trunks.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

To me it seems like I wouldnt get the phone company intercept if it was hitting the COR. I feel like I would just get a fast busy if that's the case.

You do not mention the telco intercept. "Cannot be completed as dialled" or "Number dialled/reached is not in service"
If it is the latter, that is what you get if you call a DID number and it is not assigned in the system or in this case not reachable due to a COR or COS violation.
3300 returns a fast busy which gets interpreted by the CO and caller hears intercept.
Changing the COR(s) to unrestrict and program the speedcall without overide toll control could cause larger issues.

You typically will not get fast busy on a COR restiction of the trunks.

As soon as the call is blocked, the system rejects the call, the telco will typically respond with "the number you have dialled is not in service" This is due to the call being rejected by the PBX.

You could set the intercept handling on the 3300 to send cor restrictions to fast busy but this would not resolve your issue.

With respect to your response to nytalkin. It is best if you do not believe an answer to first check the credentials of the responder. There are only 10 members with better credentials than nytalkin. You can trust anything from him/her

sounds like you have a restriction set at the trunk level. Check your COR on trunks.

I suggest you follow that advice.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The reason for questioning the response is because the COR that the route/trunks are using is both 1 which has no restrictions. I thought I had seen other issues in the past where the display of a telephone is showing call restricted and a fast busy tone is heard for COR issues. My intention was not to hurt anyones pride, simply to provide a point of reference of where I was coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back