Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no response from modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

velvet

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2000
US
Visit site
I have installed both a PCI modem and an ISA modem in this computer. Both times I try to dial in I get this error msg.<br>Error 630:&nbsp;&nbsp;The computer is not recieving a response from the modem.&nbsp;&nbsp;Check that the modem is plugged in and if necessary, turn the modem off and then turn it back on again.<br>the computer is a pentium 200Mhz Aopen brand. Does any one know how to straighen this out?

is there a driver required to be installed with the modem .What does dial in refer to ?<br>via an external phone line ? . Is there an interupt conflict maybe . Check in settings- control panel - system device manager . Properties . If you are dialing in you may need to set the modem to auto answer mode via the modem driver software or via the Hayes command set commands . .&nbsp;&nbsp;

nevermind. The problem was windows 98. there was a missing .vxd file.&nbsp;&nbsp;once that was installed it recognized the modem. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back