Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Name Display on 5410 sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

franke

Instructor
May 16, 2002
US
Hi all,
I have a customer with an IPO 500, 4.1(9) with a DigDCP 16 V2 expansion module. The problem is the phones plugged into the expansion module are not displaying the users name. They are currently set for the default (i.e.: Extn223) in both the 'Name' and 'Full Name' fields. Any insight on why this is?

Thanks
franke

Tom, upgrade them to 6.0 and you are fine :)
Ofcourse it will cost them money but you are out of errors.
Nice CCR implement is a gift to you.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter,

concerning pricing, this also happens in the netherlands! Look at Also very low pricing...
We talked about this to our AVAYA rep. but they couldn't do anything about it.

I got sent to one of our customers to have a look at their system as it had rebooted itself a couple of times.

When I got to site and had a look at the config I found over 1000 errors the customer had managed to create when they were making changes to the config.

Spekkert, these prices look like the buy it straight from Avaya.

But with R6 a system SD card can only be bought from a distri which are the only who can buy then form Avaya.
The rest will always be a problem.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

A franke said, selling hardware is not enough to make some money, giving good services and try to be better for your customers as the competition will give you good money.

All hardware can be bought on the internet, i am sure you can buy the IP 500V2 with system SD card for the lowest price on the internet. Avaya care less as it brings in the necessery $.
The one thing you can't buy on the internet is good service, that is were good engineers must come on-site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back