Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no music on hold for extention to extention 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTRay

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2007
US
have 81C having problem with Music on hold, music plays when caller is parked or caller is placed on hold from outside. but no music is played when extntion to extention calls are put on hold they just get dead air. have called Miran EXT for music on hold source and music plays just fine.

Hi,

You must set in ld 15, ftr_data

MUS yes
MUSR xx your music route

have check in LD15 ftr_data and the MUS is set already to yes. my MOH works for park and ouside calls but just not on EXT to EXT calls that are put on hold.

try again from sets within the same network group. MoH for sets to sets does not cross between network group, each network group must have a mus trunk for internal MoH to work properly.

not clear what you mean by group the 81c is setup as customer 0 and there are multiple loops is that what you mean?

thanks all

loop 0-31 is network group 0
loop 32-63 is network group 1
loop 64-95 ... net grp 2
and so on up to network group 7

i have groups 0 and 1
should i have MOH between EXT to EXT calling when placed on hold, I'm geeting misleading i'm being told that you dont get MOH on EXT to EXT hold and that there is not way to give MOH to ext to ext hold. please help clear this up.

thanks again

there is no route on extension to extension calls, therefore I dont think that music is an option internally, just to and from external where the route will have the oprtion for music.

What yyrkroon is saying that you need a trunk in each group for MOH

must have package 119 EMUS (enhance music) for set to set MoH

Concur. I don't get MOH for X2X calls either. Something we just live with.

Ok so what do you do if you do have package 119 EMUS, but the music on hold still does not work across network groups?

enhanced music on hold does not read like it is going to do what you want. It talks about 500 sets with TSA and mutiple appearence dns on hold situations. It follows the same rules as MOH for its programming. I do not see anything extra jumping out beside what I meantioned above.

Mato' Was'aka

1st paragraph in the Feature and Services Guide book 2

Enhanced Music (EMUS) provides music for internal and external calls.
Music is provided when telephones are placed on Hold, Consultation Hold,
and Camp-On and when calls at the Attendant Console are split using the “Exclude Source/Destination” keys.

2nd page
Trunks receive Music on a route basis. Telephones receive Music on a customer basis.

At least one Music trunk per network
group is required for each customer requiring Music.

Did you see the set scenerios it refers to? How is it programmed different than MOH? Maybe my books are old, I'm not seeing it in a normal dn to DN internal situation? Thanks yy if you can add some more to that.

Mato' Was'aka

Hey yyrkroon.....I just tested my set, internal to internal, and it works. I remember having to have EMUS for music during transfers when it was requested. I'm a dumbass.

D'oh!!

Mato' Was'aka

for 2.5 yrs i've believed other people telling me its not possible and you just proved them all wrong, thanks yyrkroon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back