Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Message waiting light on IP sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmomrik

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have a customer that has 7 sites networked together with a common Call Pilot 4.0 system. At one of the locations (not where the CP resides)about 160 digital sets were removed, and these where converted to IP sets. The voicemail hard drive had to be replaced 3 months ago, and all Auto Attendants and Mailboxes had to be rebuilt. Since that time, a few (10 or less)of the ip sets (i2004's, & 1120e's) won't give the indication when there is a new message in the mailbox. I can force the lights on and off from the maintenance set. The mailboxes have been deleted and rebuilt. This doesn't happen with any of the digital sets on any of the switches, just IP sets. I also don't have this problem with ip sets on the PBX where the Call Pilot is installed. All IP sets are at the latest firmware.

I have seen this issue before. I have tried the following two steps to resolve this issue.

1) have the user delete all of their voice mails through the telephone instead of call pilot. Once that is done unplug the telephone & plug it back in. Then leave a test voice mail. Your issue should clear up.

If your issue is not cleared up try this step.

2) Before doing this make sure outlook is closed & the process is terminated.On the user's computer browse to this directory> docs & settings> %username%\app data\nortel\call pilot. in this directory re name the call pilot.cst & .cpa files to .old, then un plug the telephone plug it back. leave a voice mail & it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back