Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No CLID on analog set

Status
Not open for further replies.

maripaq

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
CA
I have ISDN PRI to PSTN. The CLID comes in OK on digital sets (M2008 etc...) but not on analog sets like M9316. I have a CLASS MODEM card installed. From set to set, the DN and NAME will show OK on the M9316 display but for an external call, it's the VM number that shows up on the display. Any idea?

Maripaq

Are all calls answered by voicemail first? If so it maybe some type of supervised transfer. Does it display correctly when a DID is called directly?

We do have auto attendant, but the CLID displays ok on digital sets even for non-DID.

check to see what the cls is for the set. CNUA and CNAA.

Yes the CLS of the analog set is CNUA and CNAA.

if you set up a direct inbound call to an analog, do you get the clid?.. if not i would try to do a monitor of the d to see if the carrier is sending it to a non isdn end to end call... ld 96 enl msgi x with x the d channel. LOW traffic command only

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The carrier must be sending it because it works on a non-DID digital set. I did set up a direct inbound call to a M9316 and yes the CLID shows up on the display. Since we have auto attendant, could it be possible that the clid won't travel up to an analog set? That's why only the VM DN shows up on the display. I'm running out of logical answers...

Print the CLID table. What is the CLASS_FMT? Also what type of system are you using, 11c, 61c, 81c... Nortel says you need 1 Class Modem card in each Network group that Class phone are in. CLASS_FMT can be DN, LCL, and NTN

It's an OP81C running rlse 25.47. I printed the NET_DATA but don't see CLASS_FMT. Am I looking at the right place?

It's an OP81C running rlse 25.47. I printed the NET_DATA but don't see CLASS_FMT. Am I looking at the right place?

The CLASS_FMT is in the CLID table. Go to LD 21 and prt clid. How many Network Groups do you have? Is there at least 1 class modem card in each network group where class phones are built?

Here's a printout of the CLID table;

REQ: prt
TYPE: clid
CUST 0
SIZE 256
RNGE
ENTRY 0
HNTN 418
HLCL 8445000
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

ENTRY 1
HNTN 418
HLCL 844
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

What should the CLASS_FMT be set to?

Thanks

I would guess NTN but try that and LCL to see if it makes a difference.

I'll try that on monday (I'm off tomorrow [bigglasses]). I only have one CLASS MODEM card in the system. I was told that this is all I needed as it acts somewhat like a DTR card. From what I understood, it can provide 32 simultaneous displays so I figured since at least 70% of the sets on campus are digitals that it would be enough. We have around 4500 users on the 81C.

Thanks mluckie1.

What LD do you use to change the CLID. I'd like to read what some of the prameters mean. I have a problem where sometimes I see the calling number and sometimes I don't. Can this be changed on the fly without affecting calls ?

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THAT IS THE WAY IT WORKS, YOU GET CLID DIRECTLY OFF THE TRUNK CALL BUT IF AN AA ANSWER YOU LOOSE THE ID

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

You can change this on the fly. To prt the CLID go to ld 21 prt, CLID. To change go to ld 15. CHG, NET press return until CLID appears enter YES.

CLASS_FMT only applies to from an internal set to a CLASS set. Changing this might change what you see on the CLASS set display but it won't fix your problem.

A single CLASS Modem card will work fine on a multi-group switch. There could be a concern about inter-group junctor traffic on busy switch. You can monitor traffic reports for this if you think it could be an issue. But the point is that the analog displays are working - you just aren't seeing the calling number for calls through the auto-attendant.

There is a patch MPLR17483 that is supposed to fix this. It is available for 25.40 but Nortel might have to compile a version for 25.47.

Steamer

perrypj was correct, that is a limitation of the CLASS card. If a call comes to an analog set directly, you will see the CLID (presented between first and second rings). If a call is transferred, the CLID information is lost and the number you will see is of the transferring set (VM port, attendant, other phone).

Thank you all for your inputs on this matter. I guest one day, I'll have enough experience to be on the giving side instead of the receiving end all the time :eek:)

Thanks guys!

Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back