Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Audio on PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPCLI

Programmer
Jan 27, 2008
CA
Both ip sets and analogue sets have no audio on the PRI. I can call from the 500 set to the ip set and talk etc

Any Ideas

What system and Rls?
Did it ever work or is this new?
What type of PRI DID, TIE?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Bad channel on PRI??? Try a bunch of calls (but don't drop the active ones, just try another set to make an outbound call,

or

Try RRB for search pattern on the RDB and see if you can make a bunch of calls.

Sorry didnt get notified of responses there was corruption in sw had to reload. This new rel 5 is a charm

Thanks to all who replied

Actually Release 5.00 is great. Unfortunately it is not being installed properly IMHO. Channel Partners seem to be falling behind in training, and retention of quality technicians is getting tough because private industry is snapping them up.

They can afford to pay, the channel partners have a bottom line that is a lot tighter. There are bugs and fixes in every release. I just hate to see people bashing a product or the manufacturer when a poorly trained installer or service technician was really at fault.

911Guru

I agree with 911....My first 2 installs were a pain in my a^&. Now that I have gone through a couple it goes much smoother. Nortel makes a great product they are just lacking on support at times.

I got a guy one time about a CP 150 and my little toe knows more about that product than he did. And I am a PBX guy.

Really once you get 5.0 figured out it is pretty easy and you will get to like it. Alot fewer switch tails to punch down.

Star for you TN.

Unfortunately we forget that this is a complex piece of communication equipment with hundres of features and protocol options. Heck I can take a BCM out of th ebix, and hang it on the wall and be ruinning in 15 minutes. Can you do that with a CS 1000? No way. Why? Because it does what it does and can do just about anything you want.

We have moved into complex unified communications. Things that were just configured inthe past now have to be engineered. Has IP made out life simple? In many ways yes, but it has made OUOR life a little more challenging in that we need to think before we act. It's just the way it is.

911Guru

Its pretty hard to install rel 5 improperly I am trained on rel 5 and wrote the exams. One cabinet with PRI. only programming in system was a PRI and AMWLC and the min requirrements to make a call out plus the tds and conf and dsp.

I like release 5 and the ip connectivity but we had an issue last night on a cs1000e where the pri were in a cabinet with a mgc and 2 DSP. One dsp went bad and the cabinet kept rebooting and dropping the pri cards. The system should be smart enought to disable the dsp and cause an error code.

Unfortunatley all the system said when connected to the mgc to see what was happening was failed to upload to DSP DB2. It should have disbaled it as there was another on the mgc or at min caused an error code on the pbx to give some sort of indication.

I work on mitel as well and it would have taken the dsp out of service and raised an alarm.

The one nice thing about this industry is that there will always be room for improvement! ;-)

Keeps many of us in jobs. Good catch, you should raise a product improvement request.

911Guru

Rls 5 the way forward!!!!

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back