Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No audio calling awc across ip trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvitech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2007
US
I have a MAS server running the AWC app, it is connected to an MCD4.0 using generic sip devices. Calls to AWC are fine on local MCD but I get no audio when calling from networked 3300 on IP trunks. All other IP trunk calls are fine. Any ideas?

First place to look at audio problems occuring across IP networks are the gateway addresses for hosting device.

Assuming that the mas server hosting awc is on the same subnet as the 3300...Check that the MAS default gateway is the same as the 3300.

Also check that in the MAS configuration, that all offsite subnets that utilise a different gateway are configured in the local networks form.

The mas server is on a different subnet than the 3300. The voice and data networks are seperate. Tried to add the subnet of the remote 3300 to the local networks but the mas doesnt recognize the gateway.

On the local networks, the gateway address will be that of the subnet the MAS applications resides on.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

Thanks to all-that was the issue, the customer was giving us the wrong gateway for the remote network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back