Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nightime CCR Tree Change? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicanparts

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
US
Okay, here's probably a simple one, although I can't quite figure it out. I have an AA answering the phone, and a CCR tree. I have the non-business hours message answering, but right after that it goes into the CCR tree. So my nightime greeting sounds like:

"Thank you for calling, but at this time we're closed..... If you'd like to place an order, press one, for customer service press two, etc..."

During the day it's:

"Thank you for calling.... If you'd like to place an order, press one, for customer service...."

I would like to turn off the CCR tree so that it just plays the "we're closed" message and then dumps the person to a voicemail box.

You would think I would be able to do this, but I haven't figured out how...

-Wayne

find the ccr tree that corrosponds with the time frame that your buisiness is closed, (2 probably)
feature 983 pswd 1020000
other
ccr
admin
locate night tree
delete it
build it acgain with only one path(to the specified VM box)

Hmm, perhaps there's the problem. I didn't know there was a night tree. I'm using the Flash unit, but I am in the process of upgrading to the NAM. Does the NAM have a night tree? I didn't see it in the configuration manuals that I had. VM 4.04E

-Wayne

The Call Pilot is set up to allow a different tree for different times of the day. the flash and NAM VM do not, they are set up with a particular outside line being pointed to a AA table and the AA table being pointed to one CCR tree. the CCR tree(if active) will play after the greeting day or night. what is changable is the greeting. Most of the time I see that greeting 1 is set up to play daytime and greeting 4 is set up to play at night. immediatlely following the greeting playing CCR path 0 plays. When I had a customer who absolutly needed to have different options at night we set him up so that all of the instructions were in the greeting with just a simple "please make your entry now" as the ccr path 0. end result is that callers were prompted to press 1,2,3 during the day and 4 5 6 at night. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Hey, that's a great idea that I hadn't thought of. I had to read your post 3 times to completely get it. Just for the other folks, what you're saying is

Greeting 1: "Good morning, and thanks for calling widgets international. For sales, press one, for customer service press two, for a directory press three. To leave a message in our general mailbox press four."

Greeting 2: "Good afternoon, and thanks for calling widgets international. For sales, press one, for customer service press two, for a directory press three. To leave a message in our general mailbox press four."

Greeting 3: "Good evening, and thanks for calling widgets international. For sales, press one, for customer service press two, for a directory press three. To leave a message in our general mailbox press four."

Greeting 4: "Thanks for calling widgets international. Unfortunately at this time we are closed. Please press zero to leave a message in our after-hours mailbox, or enter the extension of the person you which to reach to leave a message in their personal mailbox."

CCR 0: Please make your selection now.

Cool - I think that will work...

-Wayne

OK Sorry I am not an eloquentionist or a grammarian. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back