Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service Options 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDohUK

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2007
GB
Hi,

We've got a Meridian Option 11C with about 150 users. When we first had the system installed night service was configured so that a when the console is switched to nights, calls go to an MCR (3998), this MCR is setup on peoples handsets. This worked great when we had about 25 - 30 people on the system, however now there are far more people and our volume of calls has increased and we are being impacted by the MCR limit of 30 extensions.

Could someone suggest an alternative way of running the night service? Ideally i'd like every (digital) handset to ring when a night service call comes in, is there a way of doing this? Or any alternative suggestions?

I should also point out that when the console operator is on a call, and second incoming call on the main line also redirects to the MCR. It would be nice to change this so the console can manage multiple incoming calls, but this I guess would be a separate post.

Many thanks,

John

i would install some area bells or chimes.. then change the mcr key to a directed pickup.. if you build a work around and push past the 30 phones you'll be replacing a power supply once a week. and with the 11 you only have the one. the limit of 30 is a power supply safety more then anything else.. you can ring 30 for 3 cycles then fna it to another 30.. might be time to extend you att hours as well

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John,

So I should be looking at replacing the MCR with a pickup group, then having some chimes dotted around the office?

Is there a limit to the number of extensions in an MCN?

Thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back