Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyarticle

Technical User
May 31, 2006
US
Hi,

I'm trying to setup MICS & Callpilot 100 to manually be put into night service and play a "We're Closed Greeting". After many hours of search, I understand it works this way:

1.) Set Business Open >> No
This will play Non-Business greeting at any time.

2.) Set Time Schedule to play greetings based on AA and time of day. I have come to realize that pushing a manual night service button does not "Instantly" play the non-business greeting, it simply forwards to the AA extension. The AA, despite the manual Night Service setting, will play the greeting that is for the time of day.

i.e. If I push the night service button and 2pm, but the table settings are for 6pm Non-Business, the non-business message will not play. It will still play based on the predermined schedule.

Is this correct or am I missing something? I've spent so many hours tyring to make it work. Our business does not have a rigid schedule, so I would like to be able to manually(and easily) set the Non-Business greeting active.

Thanks in Advance

The non-business greeting (4) only plays when the business has been closed via F982. Once this has been done there is no need for night service as greeting 4 will play until the business has been opened.

Brian Cox

Thanks exs...

The non-business is also playing based on our table settings. Our CP is setup with time schedule of:

Mor 8am
After 12noon
even 6pm
non-Bus 6pm

When it hits 6pm the non-business greeting begins to play.

I would like to be able to push a button and have a "Were closed message" play.

Thanks

Don't think there is a 1 button solution you either use the time table or F982.

I've check everywhere in the docs and online and can't find anywhere about a 1 button "Business Open". Or a simple way to set the company into after hours mode. This was very easy with our old Panasonic System, but not the Norstar.

Since our hours aren't rigid we sometimes arrive early or leave late. And because of this I'd like the AA to give a different message if we're open or closed.

We have setup a 1-button Night Service on a control set. But Night Service mode does not integrate with the Non-Business Greeting. All Night Service does for us is instantly put callers to AA but this is only have the solution if the wrong greeting is playing.

Put your CallPilot on your network and access it via the web and in just a few clicks from your mouse the business is closed.

We do have the Callpilot web accessible and you are right that we can log in and set it that way. I just don't want to have an employee have to remember to push the button to turn off night service AND log into the web to set the business open.

It seems like this would be a common issue affecting most small businesses. I'm a little surprised that Nortel didn't make this a little easier to solve.

Is the Norstar MICS and Callpilot 100 a good solution for a small business....Any other/better recommendations?

You don't have to do both. F982 closes the business and will play your closed greeting until you go back in and open the business. You can also go into the web interface and change the greeting number in Table 1 to your nonbusiness greeting. Yes, a MICS and CallPilot is a great small business solution. With all makes and models there are going to be some things that we wish we could change. I have had alot of experience with other makes and models and still Norstar is my favorite key system.

I hadn't thought of changed the greeting ID. But that would work also. I'm just surprised that it wasn't easier to setup a quick fix for this problem. I suppose that most companys follow a strict open and closed schedule.

I guess we'll have to make it work with the and the Night Sevice button combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back