Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Mode Toggle 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRowan

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2015
US
I have an IPOffice system with Voicemail Pro, and I need to configure a toggle button for night service. I need that toggle switch to bypass the time schedule and automatically forward to a specific extention. I'm pretty sure this would be done in condition editor, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to do it.

Scenerio:

We have an oversees helpdesk with support starting at 2:00EST, and our US helpdesk starts at 8:30AM, all part of the same hunt group.
From the hours of 9PM - 2AM M-F, we have night mode configured, and calls are routed to an on-call phone via VMPro
Occasionally, our third shift employee (we only have one right now), is sick and is unable to work. As I am generally sleeping at 2AM, I need a way for him to be able to force the system into night mode and failover to the on-call phone, and essentially ignore the schedule condition.
Lastly, I need to be able to turn that condition off from my phone. I would assume once I find out how to create the toggle, I can just add the same code to my phone.

check the VM Pro client help files for the following:-

User Variables
Test user variable action
set user variable action

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I can see how user variables will do this, but I am still having trouble figuring out how to link this to a button on the user's phone. Looks like it should be a short code programmed to a button, but not seeing what feature to link that short code to.

Need to tell us what version you're running.

PS: R9.1 has this built-in.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Sorry, IPOffice Manager 9.0, VMPro 7.0

So you are running 7.0 on your IPO :)
And yes you need shortcodes for user variables.
I have asked a numerous times if user variables could be shown and managed on a phone just like visual voice but Avaya apparently do not like the idea.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I've a different methode for this.

In VMPro: Test the service status of a HG (phantom or real). 0 = OOS, 1 = normal, 2 = NS.
On the IPO: Make a button to toggle HG service status. (You'll even get a indicator for the override this way)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

That works if you have max three modes to set.
If not then you can't in a nice way.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You can cascade check multiple groups, so you do as many as you like.... well until you hit the arbitrary limit of 400 groups Avaya created to line their pockets :)

Limitations? Far from, you can use the HG status as a trigger to lead the call flow into a variaty of conditions.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

400 hunt groups with IP500 but only 300 in Server Edition? Or is the limit only displayed by the buggy manager?

Gunnaro,

I've always used the same method you mentioned but you also mention 9.1 has it built in? I'm in the middle of programming my first 9.1 but I can't seem to find anything with this feature built in. Could you elaborate?

Thanks

Are you just talking about how you can now set the HG fallback to a user now instead of just a HG?......I was hopping for an easier way to toggle between a night and day auto attendant.

I made a document on this, you can download it here

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Glad you found it worth reading:)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Use a generic in VMPro to GET the group status, then use variable routing to test for the option 2. Agree on the NS button on the phone for the real or phantom group. Like the button because you can tell if it is off or on.

NS_Routing.png

~Andy
CTO Tier 4 Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back