Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Message Service Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMonger

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
US
Hello,

I have two issues with our night service message and I don't know how to tackle them. We have Meridian Option 11C and Meridian Mail.

1.) After 6 PM, our main console goes into "Nite" node. The message says to: "Dial the extension of your party...", "Press 1 to dial by name", or "STAY ON THE LINE TO REACH THE GENERAL MAILBOX".

The problem is that when someone stays on the line to leave a general message (which goes into a special mailbox), the message just loops and loops. I don't know how to set this to transfer to this general mailbox. I don't even know where in the system to find these settings :( I know the 4-digit ID for the nite message and the 4-digit general mailbox, but can't figure out how to get the message to transfer to the mailbox when no option is selected.

2.) When the person selects "1" to dial by name, it sounds like someone attempted to record an announcement. You can hear papers rattling for a solid minute before the generic voice asks you to begin dialing. How do I get rid of the "dead air"?

As always, thanks for any help!
-Tom

Sounds interesting
In MerMail, you will need to find your service id for the night menu. Sounds like you have a time of day control set up so go to the time of day setting and find the night control id. This will probably be a thru dial service or menu service. Then go back to the respective area and check that id. Here you will find a section at the bottom for Delayed response and no answer. You want to put EM (express message) and the mailbox number of the general mailbox.

Thanks, SGLIS, I'll give it a whirl!

-Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back