Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nexer LDK-24 default config

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrearp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2008
IT
Greetings from Italy.

We recently received a request to reinstall and program a Nexer unit for a customer who has moved from Denmark to Italy. We usually don't work with LG equipment (sold here with the Promelit brand). The unit had the default 192.168.1.1 IP address, but the default admin/admin user and password didn't work, so I resorted to full system clear using the SW2 (battery) and then toggling SW4/4 to ON and power cycling for a reset. The display is now in Korean (and the time has been reset), but when I go to the web admin page (or via telnet) and input the default admin/admin credentials I get always a "login failure" warning message.

The sw4 dip switches are now set to "on" (except sw4 dip4)

Please note that the welcome screen in Telnet is "LDK24 Phase III", but I found no hint about password being different for different sw revisions.

Any idea?

To all other users of this forum.

If you cannot log on to an ipLDK-24 version 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0/3.7, it will not help you if erase the database by switching off the battery and set the DIP switch 1-4 to ON.
This is because the userID and password are written i the router part of the ipLDK-24 (Nexer).
So, the solution is to let your distributor/vendor reset the MBP/MPBE2 (processor board).
Or simply swap the MBP/MPBE2 to one where the userID and password are default (or well known).
///doktor

this is hardly an option for me. The system was bought in another country (I noticed, however, that it can be set for whatever country is needed). The unit has a MPBE2 card with no USB port, but with a DMZ port. I hope there's a way to get around this somehow. I also noticed that *#programming is not possible from the first station connected to the system (ext #10). I also sent you an email to the address on the webpage linked above.

OK let me know your opinion to the reply.

To all other users of this forum.
Keyset admin is not possible with the ipLDK-24 version 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0/3.7 - (i.e. the Nexer).
So un-like all other ipLDK's (50/100/300/600) keyset admin is not possible from the first keyset/phone connector.
However web admin is possible fronm the default ip address:
From the web page you can make MAC (move /adds/changes) to the telephony part and the data (network/router) part.

Comming back to UserID's and passwords.
The default admin/admin credentials are used in most countries in the world except a few ones.

///doktor

and... well..the rear of the unit says
MODEL LDK_24
and then... PART NUMBER DENMARK.

so I guess this is one of those cases. Also replied to the private message.

As the ip address of the ipLDK-24 is 192.168.1.1/24 and no default gateway is set in the default configuration, then it is not possible to install the ipLDK-24 behind a router and try to access it through a public, WAN, ip address.
If passwords are unknow to you you must contact your local
distributor/vendor to let them reset the passwords.
There exists PC program to do this. The procedure is in fact a rescueing process, where new firmware is loaded into the ipLDK-24 through a TFTP server.
To do this you need both special boot s/w and a board for the ipLDK-24 containing a serial port.
This job can be done by your local LG-Nortel distributor/vendor.
///doktor

We run a Nexer system at my office.

I found out that the Nexer systems until recently have been sold and supported by the TDC. This business area has been sold to tele-punkt(dot)dk

They agree that the admin password of these unit have been changed from the default in order to prevent end users from making unwanted changes. Tele-punkt sells service agreements and don't like to spend hours correcting errors made by curious IT-guys.

The tele-punkt company has accepted to hand out the admin password (don't know if they just change it back to admin/admin) if I cancel our support subscription. Strange.

However, this company might know of the correct user/password for your system. If so - I'm eager to try it out on our system as well.

Good luck.

I finally obtained the user/password combination from the original installer in DK. The system will be up and running, hopefully in the next few days. I cleared the phone-section config, configured it for Italy, learned how to set the AC code and enter the PARK code for wireless config. The router section seems a bit rough, and I really could not figure out how to allow ISDN dial in for service... it seems an available option, but it's not clear how to activate it.

Also any suggestion about the voice card would be helpful

Hi Andrew

How are you?

I find it a bit strange that they will giv e you this kin of information, but it is their choice.

Let me know what s/w level is installed in the Nexer.
This id done by pressing Trans/Prog + 72.
If the keysets are danish then it is: Omst/Prog+72.
Please write all content of the keyset display to me:

LGE/DM92P-x.xxx date/year.

I will easier be able to give the correct answers to your questions.

Good luck with this excellent product.

///doktor

Hi again

In one of my old threads, the configuartion of the DECT installation has been descriped.
You can easily install the DECT /wireless part with PARK code and AC ditto. See this thread: thread1613-1406423.
Also see the conversion between IPEI (HEX) and IPEI (DEC) if you will use LG handsets in non-LG DECT systems.
The router part was never sold by us, so there I cannot help you.
///doktor

To steviedolk

For all ipLDK-24/50/100/300/600 and iPECS it is possible to have a "costumer" account. This enables the end users (costumer) telephony administrator to be able to use a subset of commands for the LG-Nortel PBX.
These commands could be administering of local phones, DECT (wireless), groups, diversions etc. Commands for CO lines and other "dangerous" commands are blocked.
So, you must contact you localdealer to get this setup.
Not all dealers, I think, will offer this service.
///doktor

Andrew! This thread gives you info on "Remote access to Nexer" through ISDN. See thread1613-1429305.
///doktor

Thank you very much for the explanation and for the link.

There's just one thing about dialing in using ISDN. Should I program a virtual destination for incoming data calls, or (just like some other systems from other manufacturers) will the Nexer intercept all data-carrier isdn calls?

If you just dial the main number of the Nexer, it will be able distiguish between voice and data calls.
So, the same main number can be used for voice calls respectively data calls.
///doktor

To andrearp

Would it be possible for you to give out the access information to the system - if it is generic rather than specific?

Perhaps by mail to stevie.dolk @ gmail.com

Thanks

To doctor

I'm aware of the 'customer' account but this is extremely restricted and does not allow configuration of anything.

The login info was system specific, sorry.

To stevie.dolk

You requested a description of the remote login to Nexer:

You can easily connect from your PC connected to an ISDN line through an USB-to-ISDN modem.
You use the windows network setup, where you use the "PPP dial-up to your LAN through ISDN".
When your PC is connected to the Nexer - throgh an ISDN call directly to the Nexer's main number, the
Nexer sees this as a data call, and connects the buil-in ISDN modem.
After the login procedure (userid and password is needed), you start up your browser and connect to
a system specific ip address.
Hereafter you can remote service your Nexer.

This is the description of the method of remote accessing you Nexer, let me know if you need to know more.
Login details are owned by your service supplier, so I do not know this information.

Best regards
///doktor

///doktor

Hi andrearp

Could you help me with the username and password that TDC used for the LDK-24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back