Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newer LSP than MAIN CM Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
There have been a lot of older posts with conflicting information. Just looking for some real world examples of people running CM4 or CM5 with a CM6 LSP. Our distributers say "it works fine and it's done all the time". Since 5.2.1 needs a pre upgrade patch to convert translations to CM6, I don't see how this would work for say a CM5.0 main trying to file synch to a 6.3 LSP. I can however see how a CM4.0 "might" synch to a 5.2 LSP.

Does anyone have any real world examples of what will or will not work with respect to LSP's running a later CM version than the main. I can see this coming up more and more now that 5.2.1 has gone end of sale. Or can you still buy a 5.2 LSP and just not a 5.2 main?

-CL

It will work, I have done 5.2 to 6.x upgrades. The lsp's are upgraded first and they do receive translations.

confirmed as well.. did my remote site upgrades to 6.0.1 with a 5.2 Main CM and had no issues.

We recently upgraded a fairly large CM, and I believe there were some different CM loads on the LSPs in our config. I believe the core was 6.1 and there were some 6.0 and 6.2. Just another note to add to the mix.

LSP servers should be equal or higher software load.
ESS servers should be equal with exact same patches.

PSN000739u

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back